Principal & Interpreter
Saphah Translations, LLC, Denver
- Contract with renowned language services companies such as Lionbridge, TransPerfect, Trusted Translations, and Interpreters Unlimited as well as with high-profile clients such as Century Casino, Truven Health Analytics, and iTransfer Financial Services.
- Provide Spanish legal and medical interpretation and translation services.
- Translate and format documents to mirror the source document.
- Proofread all translated documents for grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Back edit and use an error category matrix and JIRA (a Web-based issue and project tracking software) to communicate issues.
- Provide clients with language consultation regarding project expectations, timeline and cost.
- Perform linguistic and functionality testing of iOS and Android applications in the Spanish language.
- Suggest subjective changes regarding style, smoothness, and feel of translated documents.
- Maintain strong and friendly relationships with contract translators, editors, and proofreaders.
- Use reference materials to maintain consistency across projects for individual clients.
- Operate computer assisted translation (WordFast) to improve translation efficiency.
- Efficiently maintain formal disciplined operations procedures across a variety of client projects.
- Investigate client complaints regarding translations.
- Be responsible for any errors and omissions associated with client translation projects.
- Adhere to the legal interpreter canons to maintain ethical standards in interpretation.