Pastor-teacher with experience in the business world. I use my Bible teaching and shepherding gifts to help others travel the spiritual journey God lays out for each one of us.
After more than 16 years in newspaper circulation management, most of which was at The Oregonian, I am seeking God’s leading to a church ministry where my calling and interests could be fulfilled. I am praying for a position as an Associate Pastor using my skills in:
- Bible teaching
- Pastoral care
My Christian service has included vocational and volunteer positions, both before and during my years in the newspaper industry.
Feb 1999 - Jun 2011
Oregonian Pub. Co.
Liaison to independent contracted distributors in Portland metro area as well as Central/Eastern Oregon for sales and service.
Jul 2001 - Jun 2006
- Transformed “Men’s Ministry” to “Band of Brothers.” Previous ministry was stale and appealed to older men.
- Changed quarterly “men’s breakfast” to quarterly “Band of Brother Rallies.” These large group gatherings around a breakfast or dinner included door prizes, contemporary worship, and a message (usually presented by myself) targeted at building men up in their walk with the Lord.
- Directed men’s Bible studies by starting a small group Bible study in my home, and by coordinating with other men’s Bible studies in the church.
- Assisted the Director of Christian Education in planning and teaching Adult Sunday School electives, supporting small group ministry, and rotating as leader of small group of couples.
Aug 1998 - Jan 1999
Led Circulation Dept. overseeing newspaper delivery and six employees.
Sep 1996 - Sep 1998
Fruitland Community Church
Teamed with my wife Katy we led middle school youth group on Sunday evenings
Jan 1995 - Aug 1998
Regional District Manager
Liaison to independent contracted carriers for home delivery and subscription sales.
Nov 1991 - Nov 1994
- Orange Co. CA area:
- Directed development of Hispanic pastoral training manuals
- Assisted in church plant
- Discipled Hispanic pastors in training
- Preached in pulpits of Hispanic churches
- Fresno, CA area:
- Co-directed Hispanic pastoral training
- Supported local Hispanic pastors
- Developed connections between local Anglo churches and Hispanic churches