Central Bank of Kenya
1998-2004 Finance & Accounts Departments
- monitoring accounts receivables & payables for the bank's subsidiaries to ensure all financial transactions are accurately posted.
- Accounts payable-screening invoices, verifying all supporting documents, and processing payments.
- Manage petty cash settlements;perform daily cash physical count and handover cash.
- Monitoring expenditure and payable by ensuring all are within the approved budget and based on approved matrix
- Accounts receivables - ensure that payments due to the bank are made appropriately and make follow ups in case there is a delay in submission( rent receivable, recoveries from all loans extended to members of staff, tender fees,assets sold and interest charged on unpaid cheques).
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Exploring on ways to reduce office and operation costs without compromising output quality.
- Participate in preparation of payroll and sending payslip employee's thro' Oracle.
2005-2011-Banking Services & Risk Management
- Opening & closing the vault/strong room.
- Custodian of foreign currencies.
- Responsible for cash and security documents as a joint custodian of the vault .
- Ensuring that the optimum foreign currencies & cash balances are maintained at all times.
- Review cash balances and limits to ensure risks are minimized.
- Ensure excessive cash is not maintained and that any excesses are reported to the manager.
- Monitoring on a regular basis to ensure that all CC TV's in all cashier cubicle are functioning properly and report any problems to security division.
- Authorize transactions above Tellers limits within the approved limit by reference to the instruments and supporting vouchers to ensure their validity and correctness and forward to the manager for the final approval.
Plan, organize, monitor and control the day-to-day services offered by Tellers to ensure that timely delivery of the services.
Review general ledger balances to ensure that it corresponds with the subsidiaries and account of suspense nature such as, Suspense, Sundry, rejection items, account receivables, account parables etc. and follow-up for clearance / reconciliation on a daily basis.
- Receiving VAT returns from Kenya Revenue Authority(KRA) and commercial banks.
- Receiving payments from members of public when the government is borrowing from the domestic market.
- Processing bankers cheques.
- Receiving cash deposits & making payments to government ministries,commercial banks using RTGS,TT and KEPPS.
- Buying and selling foreign currencies.
- Receiving cheque deposits made by the ministries and commercial banks.
- Receiving foreign currencies from Forex bureaus when the bank runs short of Forex.