Seeking a challenging career in Reliability and Quality Engineering, Where my expertise and rich experience can positively impact organization’s productivity and growth.
- More than 6 years of experience in the area of Reliability & Quality Engineering
- Masters of Technology (M.Tech) in Reliability Engineering from IIT Kharagpur and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from Kakatiya University.
- Sound experience in Design for Reliability (DFR) process execution, Reliability Data Analysis i.e. Weibull/ Weibayes analysis, Reliability Growth Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- GE Green Belt Six Sigma Certified.
- Good Knowledge on Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), HALT, HASS and Accelerated Life Testing.
- Sound experience in Reliability Softwares like Weibull++, BlockSim V7, ALTA, RGA, MINITAB.
- Quick learner with excellent independent and innovative thinking, leadership and teamwork abilities; Strong ability of working under pressure.
Date of Birth: 16th November 1978
Marital Status: Married
Languages Known : English, Hindi and Telugu
Jul 2000 - Jan 2002
Masters of Technology (M.Tech)
Indian Institute of Technology (I.I.T)
With CGPA - 8.3 (on a Scale of 10.0)
Jun 1996 - Jun 2000
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
-Secured 97.84 percentile in GATE-EE 2000 with all India rank 132
Apr 1994 - Apr 1996
Nalanda Junior College
Apr 2005 - Present
General Electric (GE) Infrastructure Energy
Team Manager, Reliability & Safety Engineering
Currently managing 12 person Reliability & Safety Engineering Team
- Coaching & technical mentoring of the team on Design for Reliability Analysis, Weibull /Statistical analysis of field data supporting Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) programs. Own the quality and delivery of the analysis executed by the team, through program plan and technical reviews.
- Work load management, project management & identify trainings required for the team.
- Drive the usage of design practices and DFSS methodologies within the team in project execution.
- Drive the peer review process rigor, defect prevention and leveraging of analysis best practices within the team.
- Own the Performance Management responsibility for the team and provide regular feedback.
- Work in collaboration with CoE Manager w.r.t Rewards and Recognition for the team, TCP implementation and Career Development of the employees.
Executed several projects on Design for Reliabiity (DFR) of GE Energy Products supporting NPI Programs. Tasks include
- Development of RAM goals for New Products using information obtained from our customers and marketing. RAM allocations to various subsystems and DFR program planning.
- Evaluation of historical failure data & use to improve the design to eliminate or reduce prior failure modes.
- Development of System/Subsystem Reliability Models (RBDs), Prediction of component Failure Distributions, Maintainability and Simulation.
- Results are used to determine System performance and life. Recommendations provided as an attempt to improve system reliability & reduce failure rate.
- Participate in Design FMEA’s with design team to Identify Single point failures and effectively apply Engineering Knowledge to identify causes and mitigations for failures.
Key Projects Executed:
- Peterhead 2 x 9E for Natural gas to Hydrogen to Power: FEED Reliability Study.
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Analysis: Oresundsverket STAG 109FB MS.
- GE Aero Energy DFR Analysis for Product lines LMS100, LM6000 & LM2500.
- O&M Project RGI Kashagan - Availability Analysis.
- DFR: S109FB SS for Balance of plant (BOP) Equipment and Gas Turbine Accessory Systems.
- Executed several Forced Outage and Fall out analysis of different Combustion components supporting Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) Programs. These analysis resulted huge productivity of the business.
Feb 2002 - Apr 2005
Senior Reliability & Quality Engineer
Tata Motors Ltd
- Deciding Reliability, Durability, and Maintainability targets for the Vehicle, Aggregate & Components. Deployment of Reliability and Maintainability process through out the product development phases. Reliability growth Analysis during the product development process.
- Provide Reliability Engineering support to design engineering teams for setting Reliability & Maintainability Goals
- Support and Develop design guidelines for product reliability. Participate in Design FMEA's.
- Reliability analysis of warranty data.
- Development of Reliability testing plans for Supplier items/in-house items and determine product MTBF.
- Reliability prediction of automotive electronic products using part stress analysis and Work with Design Engineers to define Critical Items list.
- Train the design teams on Reliability concepts and techniques.