- Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Psychology, intrest in Linguistics
- Modules completed include Human Performance Psychology, Transportation Planning in Singapore, Writing and Critical Thinking, Research and Statistical Methods and Cross-Cultural Communication.
- Currently reading Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Introduction to Paedetric Psychology, Atypical Development and Language and Management and Organisation.
Aug 2005 - Present
Jan 2001 - Dec 2002
Victoria Junior College
- GCE 'A' Levels
Jan 1997 - Dec 2000
- GCE 'O' Levels
May 2008 - Present
Teacher (Speech and Drama)
Minee Giants Singapore
- Leading pre-schoolers in self-initiated Speech and Drama exploration.
Jul 2008 - Present
Volunteer Resource Manager
Muslim Kidney Action Association Singapore
Social Entrepreneurship Project - Shop-In-The-Wall
Launched Shop-In-The-Wall gift shop to serve as a platform for kidney patients to explore entrepreneurship as a viable option for a better life, officiated by Dr Ong Seh Hong, Member of Parliament for Marine Parade GRC on 28 August 2008. The launch was featured in Suria television news and Berita Harian.
Education and Enrichment - Passion-4-Education and Ten-A-City
- Conceptualised and executed Ten-A-City programme to help the children of kidney patients cope better psychologically and socially to life's challenges.
- Managed free tuition programme to promote academic progress of the children of kidney patients.
- Featured in Berita Harian on 28 December 2008.
May 2008 - Aug 2008
Research and Administrative Staff (Temporary)
National Council of Social Service Singapore
- Researched on social service trends in Singapore related to Family and Youth.
- Helped organise the United Nations Convention for the Rights of the Child Consultation Forum at Suntec City Singapore, looking into aspects of crowd management.
Sep 2005 - Jun 2008
NUS Centre for the Arts Singapore
- Operated at the University Cultural Centre ensuring the seemless execution of events such as the National Day Rally and ChildAid Concert
- Ensured efficient crowd control of up to 2000 patrons in both enclosed and outdoor environments encompassing aspects of fire safety and emergency evacuation under stressful conditions.
- Trained in First-Aid, Basic Fire Fighting and Evacuation Procedures.
May 2003 - May 2005
Ministry of Defence Singapore Armed Forces
- Supervised the maintainance of a fleet of more than 100 vehicles locally with 2 overseas stints in Thailand (May 2004) and Taiwan (May 2005).
- Ensured the safety of drivers by conducting route brefings, safety briefings and orientation to new machinery and vehicles.
- Operated in a heavy military vehicle workshop environment in ascertaining strict safety and proper procedures are adhered to whilst conducting operator level maintainance.
- Licensed operator of heavy military vehicles such as 5-ton trucks, trailers and forklifts.
I am pursuing a Psychology, Bachelor of Arts Degree at the National University of Singapore (expected completion July 2009) with a particualr intrest in Linguistics, on track for a future of interacting with a multitude of people. I am a voracious speaker with experience in coaching debating and am a Competent Communicator accredited by Toastmasters International. In 2008, together with a partner, initiated a Social Entrepreneurship Project called Shop-In-The-Wall and Ten-A-City and am a Volunteer Resource Manager with the Muslim Kidney Action Association, serving the less privileged. I am a firm believer of maximising human capacity, priortising both efficiency and self-preservation.
Member of International Community
- Led a delegation of NUS Students to the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology for Delta Forum 2007, on Opportunities in the Pan Pearl River Delta.
- Partcipated in the Asian Youth Climate Change Forum at the Hong Kong University in 2008 and presented on Singapore's effort to combat climate change and be environmentally friendly to delegates from over 13 countries.
- Represented Singapore schools in Titian Minda, an annual friendly debate between Singapore and Brunei high schools in 2001.
- Served as the President (2006) of the NUS Muslim Society, looking into the welfare of over 1000 local and international Muslim students and staff in NUS.
- Served as the Vice-President, Outreach (2007) of the NUS Muslim Society, boosting inter and intra organisational relationships for the society.
- Served as Presidents (2000) and (2001) for the Malay Cultural Societies in Raffles Institution and Victoria Junior College respectively.
- With a partner, conceptualised and executed "The Most Number of People Eating Simultaneously from a Single Continuous Dish", organising more than 500 people eating Indian Rojak from a 300m continuous dish (accredited by the Singapore Book of Records) in 2005.