Leading the Planning and Performance Improvement team and serving as the change agent and analyst of industry best practices to enhance the quality of work performed by ISD. Served as a Project Management Officer (PMO) Manager and the IT Service Manager leading and mentoring other ITSM process owners. Managed projects of various sizes (>$5M, >50 people). Contributions included:
- Leading the project to devise the organization's journey to Azure cloud and contributing to the efforts to ensure a successful and secure migration covering administrative, operational, technical and financial aspects
- Defining the functional and technical requirements then developing the RFP's for the procurement and implementation of Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) System and Video Analytic Software
- Advising on the architecture and technical design of systems
- Leading efforts to evaluate technologies such as private cloud, public cloud, PSIM system, and video analytic software
- Managing the program to design, establish and implement a disaster recovery data center. The program encompassed 16 projects handling the implementation of IT infrastructure, defining of disaster recovery policies and procedures, devising the crisis management plan and training employees. Contributions include managing two of the program’s projects.
- Co-managing the program to relocate the main data center to new tier-3 one, which hosts more than 90 services utilizing a heterogeneous environment of mainframes, Unix and WinTel platforms (both virtual and physical). Managed projects to migrate many of the services. Program successfully managed the relocation and cut-over with no down time or impact on service availability.
- Managing the Servers Consolidation and Virtualization initiative from inception through tendering till scoping.
- Leading and managing the Continuous Service Improvement Program (CSIP) aiming at enhancing the level of IT service management. The CSIP comprises many projects aiming at assessing, defining, implementing, promoting and automating the IT service management processes.
- Managing IT Service Management System implementation project and Functional Testing tools implementation project.
- Putting a well-defined project management methodology based on PMI PMBOK that covers processes and templates. Also, promoted the establishment of the Project Management Office (PMO) and was assigned the PMO Manager role.
- Initiated and managed the projects for adopting a standard methodology for developing and updating software systems using Rational Unified Process and utilizing IBM Rational Software Development Platform suite.
- Establishing the Software Quality organization within the ISD. Structure, processes, team qualifications are part the comprehensive study put to introduce the team in the Department. Recruited qualified professionals to assemble the team. Moreover, I acted as a SQA Manager for a couple of years time.
- Assessing departments to identify pain areas and areas of improvement then proposing initiatives and changes to leverage efficiency and effectiveness by re-structuring, process re-design, and team development.
- Defining functional roles for various departments, defining their job descriptions, identifying the required skills and expertise and helping in the recruitment process.
- Conducting many training courses on various aspects including: Project Management, Software Engineering (analysis, design and architecture), IT Service Management (ITIL), Disaster Recovery and IT Crisis Management. Courses were delivered in both English and Arabic languages.
- Authoring and designing various materials (i.e. newsletters, brochures, flyers, etc.) marketing and increasing the awareness on IT Service Management, Project Management, eLearning, and other project-specific subjects.
Furthermore, I have been involved in the planning and implementation of various employee development initiatives at the Department level. My role involves writing RFPs, evaluating vendor proposals, and negotiating contract terms and conditions in addition to monitoring and managing projects performance.