To obtain a managerial position in Sales utilizing my strong analyzing, planning, implementing, controlling and leading skills for achievement of organizational goals.
Professional sales manager with around four years of extensive and hands on experience in sales and distribution, and with proven track record of increasing sales, market share and profitability by developing teams, customers, markets and systems to produce superior results.
Adept at building, motivating, supervising, training and making winning sales team. Tenacious in managing customer satisfaction and relationship for business growth. Proficient in monitoring and enhancing market execution of sales plans in terms of distribution, coverage, availability, merchandizing and display of company products and promotional items. Skilled in communicating with management and departments to coordinate overall sales effort. Sharp analyzer of sales and market trends in order to prepare forecasts, plans and utilize resources effectively and efficiently, and devise strategies for competitive action in market. Possess traveling and working exposure of all districts of Sukkur, Larkana, Mirpur Khas and Hyderabad divisions.
• Business Development• Territory Growth Management• Customer Service Management
• Channel Expansion• New Market Penetration• New Product Launch • Budgeting and Cost Controls
• Policy and Procedure Compliance• Market Research and Analysis • Sales Information Analysis
• Training and Development • System Improvements
Jul 2008 - Dec 2008
Sales Operations Manager
The company manufactures and markets personal care and cleaning and foodstuff products. IFFCO is a United Arab Emirates based business house.
Managed settlement of issues and concerns of countrywide sales team and customers. Led team of two executives for sales service and customer service. Optimized sales processes. Coordinated for Sales department with Finance, Human Resources, Administration, Production, Logistics, Information Technology and Marketing departments. Managed all aspects of customer credit facility, redistribution expenses, field force expenses, distributor claims, and customer appointment and resignation. Managed measuring, analyzing and reporting of sales information.
- Regulated system for monthly sales forecast by weeks and products at regional and national levels for determining sales targets and relevant monthly production and supply plans.
- Initiated weekly monitoring of sales results versus respective forecast in order to strengthen performance control mechanism for achievement of monthly targets.
- Streamlined and formalized process of weekly reporting of market prices of benchmarked competitors' brands, which helped Marketing department in providing sales team with price related tools to compete for due sales share at marketplace.
- Rationalized the terms and conditions of customer credit facility by developing tools to monitor and improve respective outcome.
- Developed and implemented information system for weekly reporting of sales and inventory of distributors across the country.
Sep 2006 - Jun 2008
Area Sales Manager
Managed sales in 12 districts (Badin, Hyderabad, Jamshoro, Matiari, Tando Allah Yar, Tando Muhammad Khan, Thatta, Mirpur Khas, Sanghar, Tharparkar, Umer Kot, and Nawabshah) by supervising and training team of three Territory Sales Executives. Handled claims, expenses, budgets, sales reports, customer relationship and channel development. Monitored and ensured effective field execution and impact of ATL and BTL marketing activities.
- Developed monthly sales of edible oils and fats from three tons to maximum of 280 tons.
- Expanded sales and consumer base of company products by increasing distribution operations from five towns to 29 towns with network of 39 distributors.
- Maintained area amongst top three low cost areas nationally in terms of redistribution expenses.
- Increased product availability from 175 shops to 2,869 shops with focus on merchandizing and display.
- Managed launch of new products, Sunny cooking oil and Evian cooking oil and banaspati.
- Increased monthly sales of a major distributor in Hyderabad town from less than 15 tons to more than 25 tons by initiating a project on development of sales and distribution. The project was appreciated and put into implementation at national level.
Sep 2005 - Sep 2006
Area Sales Manager
The company manufactures and markets LU biscuit products. Continental Biscuits Limited bases in Pakistan and has a joint venture with Kraft Foods of USA.
Handled sales of average 120 tons of biscuits per month with a team of five Field Officers and a network of 69 distributors across 10 districts (Sukkur, Ghotki, Khairpur, Naushahro Firoze, Dadu, Larkana, Jacobabad, Shahdad Kot, Shikarpur and Kashmore). Managed periodic reports, trade and consumer activities, customer development and relationship, budgets, claims and expenses.
- Increased trade coverage by 34 percent from 5,811 to 7,775 shops for business growth.
- Grew sales by 29 percent to 370 tons in the last quarter of 2005 versus 287 tons in same period of 2004.
- Enhanced consumer trials and sales by initiating plans and attaining more than 75 percent availability and visibility share at all retail stalls at Rohri railway station, and gaining exclusive rights of biscuit sales of only LU products from retail kiosks at Sukkur airport.
- Obtained prominent merchandizing and display of Tiger small pack at more than 90 percent of retail market of the area.
- Initiated and developed formats for reporting problems related to supply and claims. Formats were recognized and put in effect nationally.
- Handled launch of two brands, Prince Twin Fun and Wheatable, across the area.
Jan 2005 - Jul 2005
Area Sales Executive (Lubricants)
Shell is a group of oil, gas and petrochemical companies. The company bases from Netherlands.
Managed sales in 14 towns of Dadu and Naushahro Firoze districts. Monitored distributor operations for sales, market coverage and systems. Handled health, safety, security, and environment (HSSE) compliance by distributor. Coordinated BTL marketing activities with sales promotion team.
- Grew lubricants sales in the first quarter of 2005 by 32 percent to 74,732 liters against 56,704 liters in the first quarter of 2004.
- Increased market coverage by 50 percent from 260 to 390 outlets, which resulted in higher sales for company and more availability of products for buyers.
- Achieved the best sales split for wholesales and retail (wholesales 30 percent and retail 70 percent) in Sindh and Balochistan in April 2005.
- Raised the distribution operations up to high level of compliance with the Shell standards of HSSE.
Jan 2001 - Dec 2003
Bachelors in Business Administration (Honors)
- Achieved the second position in degree program.
- Led Business Administration Students' Club (Sukkur) as General Secretary for 2002-03 and Vice President for 2003-04.