Technical Specialist-Well Equipment Quality
BP Services International Ltd, Luanda, Angola
As “Technical Specialist-Well Equipment Quality”, I am responsible for providing regional QA/QC support for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing, shop assembly, handling, transportation, storage, preservation and servicing of surface/downhole engineered and rental drilling, completion, intervention & subsea equipment including OCTG in accordance with BP requirements and relevant industry standards (API, ISO, ASME, ASTM, AWS, T.H.Hills DS-1, EN etc.).
Identifying, Specifying and Evaluating QA/QC Requirements:
- Identified the QA/QC requirements for well equipment contracts/PO/call-off, reviewed/evaluated the suppliers’ QA/QC proposals in RFIs/ RFPs/ RFQs and ensured that the QA requirements comply with BP standards, practices and processes.
Review and Approval of QA Documents:
- Reviewed and approved supplier quality control plans and ensured that associated normative documents meet BP requirements.
- Reviewed and endorsed inspection/component matrices, exceptions, deviation and concession requests submitted by the suppliers, in conjunction with the discipline engineers and made decision for acceptance or rejection.
- Provided expert technical feedback on BP global equipment integrity and quality assurance/ control practices, guides, procedures or other quality related normative documents.
Supplier Audits, Facility Surveillance Visits and Technical Conformity Assessments:
- Developed checklists and yearly programs/ strategy and conducted suppliers’ QMS audits, 2nd party technical conformity assessments and, facility surveillance visits accordingly.
Management of TPI/Surveillance Service Providers’ Activities:
- Collaborated with PSCM to place the TPI contracts and annually provided the estimate of budget required for 3rd party surveillance/inspection activities.
- Conducted interviews of inspectors to be used by TPI/surveillance service providers for assurance to meet the BP competency requirements.
- Conducted pre-production meetings (PPMs)/pre-inspection meetings (PIMs) and identified surveillance/ inspection activities/ technical documentation reviews.
- Ensured that the surveillance/inspection/testing is planned, arranged and conducted as per BP requirements and agreed quality control plans.
- Reviewed inspection reports to ensure the surveillance activities had been performed in accordance with agreed BP requirements, issues raised had been closed out, to verify and approve the man hour charge invoices and to verify the BP reporting requirements had been followed.
- Collaborated with PSCM and discipline engineers for the performance measurement of TPI/surveillance service providers and well equipment supplier by KPI analysis.
Quality Record Management, Staff Training and Continual Improvement:
- Implemented an effective system for tracking, identify and address supplier non-conformances and corrective actions and storage/ retrieval of technical documentation applicable to equipment integrity and quality assurance/control.
- Participated in RCFAs for field failure investigation of well equipment and recommended and/or implemented corrective actions.
- Supervised and trained local assistants and challenger discipline engineers regarding equipment integrity and quality assurance/control requirements, processes and procedures.
- Identified opportunities to deliver continuous improvement in equipment quality, including process efficiency and captured/shared equipment integrity and quality assurance/control lessons learned.