Successfully and effectively managed and led a team of software engineers to design and implement Samsung TVPlus service on Tizen TV platform in C++.
I had 3 roles in this project: Project manager, Technical lead, Software Developer in C++
- Scope of development: Application and Middleware layers of the platform
- Handled challenges:
- New platform, engineers don't know about the platform.
- Getting IP services data in real-time from a remote server to make it ready for applications
- Unclear and not full requirements
- Fast changing requirement
- Refactoring a large messy code base
- Continuous Integration
- Communication with few teams in the same location and in other countries
- Established clear and efficient development environment for faster development and effective management.
- Clearing and establishing the requirement of the project.
- Designing solutions and guiding team members in doing difficult tasks.
- Reviewing code to assure quality and find possible issues.
- Prepared software development plan, software release process, Jira project, Kanban board, unit test plan, software verification activities.
- Cooperated and handled effectively the communication with other teams from Overseas R&D laps (UK, Korea, and China)
- Used Agile practices e.g. daily stand-up meeting and Kanban board
- TVPlus in the news: