Aug 2006 - Present
Extension Programs Unit Support
- Recorded data from youth development studies done by Extension specialists.
- Prepared material and curriculum for youth development centered camps, retreats, trainings, and workshops.
- Analyzed and recorded feedback from evaluation surveys after speeches, presentations, and workshops.
- Facilitated cultural exchange video pen pal program between 4H clubs in West Virginia and Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Organized media for promotional use.
May 2007 - Aug 2010
Extension Camping Instructor
- Collaborated in directing week long camps for 50-300 youth per camp all summer.
- Supervised adult and teen volunteers while working with the youth.
- Motivated youth to live more healthy and active lives.
- Influenced campers to become involved in the community and help others.
- Facilitated games and activities promoting positive youth development.
- Fostered safe environment for campers.
Aug 2006 - May 2011
West Virginia University
Dean's List: Spring '10
A copy of my current resume.
This study was done as my final project in my Advanced Non-verbal Communication class. It is a study on the perceptions of men with facial hair and how it effects impression formation.
This presentation was used for my Communication Capstone. The assignment was to sell my skills and experiences to a potential employer. My desired position for this assignment was that of a research assistant for Child Trends.
This is my final paper for my Persuasion Theory class. In it, I applied several communication theories to a campaign to gain support for the 4H Youth Development program in rural Mexico.
This video was put out by the government of Romita, Mexico as a public service announcement. It tells about some of the work that myself and three other volunteers did in the community and tells about the 4H program.
This is my evaluation as an Extension Camping Instructor by my supervisor, who was the W.V.U. Extension Agent of Lincoln County, WV.