Corporate Category Manager
The IJ Company
Developed Marketing and Merchandising pieces for several vendor’s and exclusive brands of products in the Center of the Plate Arena.
- Responsible for the direction and operation of the portion control red meat operation in the Tallahassee, Florida Division. Responsible for the P&L, Staffing, Quality Control and overall sales performance. I reduce costs and brought the operation back to profitability in 9 months time.
- Designed and developed copy, arranged photo shoot and edited a 12 page promotional brochure for portion control steak operation as part of the effort to improve profitability of Tallahassee portion Steak operation. Initial sales exceeded targeted roll out sales by 4.9%.
- Direct purchasing strategies of four commodity protein buyers. Take advantage of market situations to improve raw costs of product purchased for resale.
·Increased bottom line savings on purchases of over $110 Million in three distribution facilities by 4.5%.
·Served on Purchasing Council of 6 independent Foodservice Distribution Companies. This group advised the procurement departments of said companies’ directions on procurement policies and products.
·Trained managers to set up other purchasing departments.
- Increased year over year sales by 12.3% in cases and 18.2% in dollars the targeted category.
- Performed GAP analysis on 4 categories. Eliminated non-performing items and added new items to broadened product offering. Improved sales in all 4 categories on average of 14.2% on a targeted growth of 5%.
- Exceeded business goal in generation of extraneous income by over $265,000 in a targeted category.