Medical Radiation Technologist
Bowen Hospital/Boulcott Hospital/ Wakefield Hospital
Wellington City, New Zealand
- Specialised in Diagnostic Radiology, deals with the examination of internal organs, cavities, bones, and foreign objects including interventional Radiography.
- Roster or rotated to different hospital in Wellington, handled and used different x-ray machines from Computer Radiography to Digital Radiography.
- Manage Post-OP exams such as CXR, THR, TKR, using shimadzu DR portable x-ray machine.
- Knowledgeable of using all sorts of DR machine, GE, Kodak carestream, Canon digital AMX4, to Shimadzu DR portable machines.
- Using expertise and knowledge of patient handling, anatomy, physics, physiology, pathology and Radiology to assess patients, develop radiographic techniques to evaluate resulting radiographic images.
- Knowledge in Fluoroscopy, a live motion radiography using (constant radiation) used to visualize the digestive system, monitor the administration of contrast agents to highlight vessels and organs, or to help position devices within the body ( such as stents, guidewires, etc ).
- Medical Radiation Technologist responsible for protecting patient’s right to privacy and keep all patient information in the strictest confidence.
- Responsible to perform duties as roster this includes general radiography.
- Supervision of MRT's student positioning, critique, and technique.
- Knowledge to operates C-arm machine in theatre room for ORIF extremities, hip arthroscopy, etc.
- Roster in different site/hospital in Wellington, knowledgeable in using GE senographe essential and Hologic Selenia 3D tomosynthesis DR machines.
- Responsible for examination of human breast using ionizing low energy X-rays, used for Diagnostic and screening tools.
- : Mammography is an early detection of breast cancer, typically through detection of masses and micro-calcification.
- : Knowledge of using a Digital Mammography for higher spatial resolution, good quality for detecting breast cancers without increasing breast dose.
- Perform breast localization to assist the Radiologist using biopsy procedure to localized target lesion ( such as tumor or microcalcifications in the breast).
- Lead Mammographer QA/QC documentation.
- Film critique for proper positioning criteria/ assisting tech if needed.
- Performing optimal images while implementing a compassionate technique during the mammogram procedure
Bone Densitometry Technologist:DEXA ( dual energy x-ray absorption ):
- Responsible for bone density scan, by using an enhanced form of x-ray scanning technology used to measure total body composition and fat content with a high degree of accuracy comparable to hydrostatic weighing with a few important caveats.
- A quick and painless procedure, to assess the spine, legs are supported on a padded box to flatten the pelvis and lower lumbar spine. To access the hip by inverting the foot and place in a brace that rotates the hip inwards