To obtain a responsible position with a progressive company that would offer the opportunity to advance and effectively utilize my experience.
I have over 11 years of experience as a Staff Accountant 2 of those years were spent in Management. I am also a very versatile individual which enables me to work in many different areas. I am a strong believer that communication is key for success in any organization.
May 2006 - Jul 2008
While employed at Arborguy Supply Corp. I worked remotely from home.
My responsibilities included:
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger and Financial Statement Review
- Cash Management
- Tax Returns (Sales and Payroll)
- Reconiliations (Bank and Credit Cards)
Mar 2005 - Apr 2006
Inbound Customer Service / Transcription
During this time I was a self employed individual performing transcription services and taking inbound customer service calls. This required that I effectively utilize my communication and data entry skills. It also allowed me to enahnce my attention to detail abilities.
Nov 2002 - Feb 2005
While employed at Seminole Precast Manufacturing, Inc., I was promoted from Staff Accountant to Office Manager after 6 months of employment. My responsibilities included:
- Supervising Administration department (A/R, A/P)
- Reconciling all jobs from beginning to end.
- Weekly Sales and Payables Forecasting
- Database management
- Sales Tax Returns
- Royalty reporting and payment
Jun 2000 - Nov 2002
While employed at RDV Sports, I was an internal Staff Accountant assigned to RDV Sportsplex and Forte Salon and Spa. I was responsible for all functions involved in the month end closing process:
- Journal Entries
- Account Reconciliations (Balance Sheet, Bank Account)
- General Ledger Review
- Sales Tax Returns
- Daily Cash Reconciliations
- Intercompany Transactions
Jun 1997 - May 2000
Restaurant Administration Services
I began my employment at Restaurant Administration Services while an undergrad attending the University of Central Florida. I started as an Accounting Clerk and was later promoted to Staff Accountant. I was assigned to the Orlando and Tampa area Wendy's restaurants. My responsibilities included:
- Performing all functions necessary for month end closing
- Daily Cash Receipts
- Sales Tax Returns (Consolidated)
- Individual and consolidated general ledger and financial statement review
- Royalty reporting and payments