Aug 2010 - Present
Aug 2010 - May 2011
HS SPED/Science Teacher
Special Education Moderate Needs Teacher and Case Manager.
Description of Teaching Responsibilities:
- Teach pull-out special education and co-taught general education Integrated Science and Biology classes to students in grades 9 through 12.
- Write IEPs (Individualized Education Plans) and conducted special education annual, triennial, transfer, and manifestation meetings.
Accomplishments at this position:
- Quality facilitation of IEP meetings with students and parents.
- Advocation for students with special needs as a case manager and facilitation of IEP meetings with confidence and tact.
- Trained and practiced in writing quality data-based Individualized Education Plans.
- Development of creative science lessons that allows for differentiation for students with a wide-range of skills and deficits.