- B. Tech (Dairy Technology) from WBUAFSc (erstwhile BCKV), WB, India with 76%.
- Six Sigma – Green Belt
- Management Development Programme from IIM – Indore.
- 10.5 yrs of Techno-commercial experience in QA/R&D/Projects/Production in Dairy, Food and FMCG industry in India & Overseas.
- Experience in HACCP, FSMS, ISO 22000 (Food Safety) & FSSAI Licensing.
- Experience in Quality Control for Contract manufacturing Operations and in CHINA.
- Experience in providing Technical support - R&D operations in different products.
- Experience in Noodle Line Commissioning in NESTLE.
- Experience in Project Erection and Commissioning of Dudhmansagar Dairy (AMUL) with Tetra Pak India Pvt Ltd. for Milk , Ice-cream and Dahi Plant.
- Lead Auditor for the factory for ISO: 14000 & OHSAS: 18000, certified by CII.
- Adept at Managing Quality & production related tasks including planning, control and trouble shooting for Market Milk- related to Processing; fill pack, Ice cream, Curd (Dahi) production, Culinary Products i.e. Noodles, Tomato Paste, and Fish Products.
- Geographically mobile in INDIA, CHINA, ASIAN & AFRICAN Countries.
- Key Skills-Dairy & Food Quality, R & D, Projects, Production, Planning, Manpower handling, Ensuring quality, Positive attitude, Open to learning, Good Presentation skills & enthusiastic, Highly inquisitive, time management skills, control and coordination.
Sep 2015 - Present
Adya Dairy Products Private Limited, Kolkata -Shalimar Group of Companies ( http://shalimarcorp.in/ )
- Heading the QC departmentof 100000 LPD Dairy Plant (Product Line : Milk,Curd, Paneer, Ghee,SMP).
- Setting up the whole Quality Systems of Newly constructed Dairy.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies – FSSAI.
- Legal jobs, like: FSMS Certifications, FSSAI Licensing, Bar Code Implementation etc.
- Coach and Develop Quality team on functional and leadership competencies.
- Ensuring Compliance, Safety, First Time Quality.
- Conducting the whole HACCP study, reviewing of PRPs, CCPs, OPRPs and all other HACCP modules.
- Setting hygienic guidelines & monitoring critical process activities in order to control Microbial Hazard.
- Implementing ISO 22000-FSMS and HACCP in a brand new Dairy Plant.
Jul 2014 - Aug 2015
Business Development Manager & Process Engineer
Selaed Air Corp. (Diversey India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Process Optimization. Conducting Trails, Validation & Cost Optimization.
- Cost Saving (in terms of Utility Savings & Time savings in process) projects handling for Dairy, Beverage, and Brewery & Process Food Industry.
- Improvement of the Microbial Quality of foods by Proper Hygiene Design & Maintenance.
- Customer Problem Identification & Solving in terms of Cleaning & Hygiene in Dairy, Food, Beverage & Brewery Industry , to maintain better quality of product.
- Providing Training on CIP, Cleaning & Hygiene for F&B industry.
- Providing Technical support to sales team for improving C&H Business for F & B industry.
- Responsible for heading up the expansion in new markets as well as continued expansion among existing clients.
- Building relationships with existing clients in an attempt to increase business volume.
- Drive peak performance and sales success across the region / organization.
- Create, negotiate and close commercial agreements.
Feb 2010 - Jun 2014
Associate Manager (QA / Corporate Technical Services)
Quality and Technical Services:
- The overall responsibility is to look after third party operation, Quality assurance & Inspection, Quality Audit & Technical Services.
- Evaluation of supplier, Generating Quality Audit system for new suppliers, Vendor Development.
- Support in shipment Planning and control, Production scheduling.
- Facility Audit & Internal Audit.
- Understanding and development of new products.
- To liaise with regulatory agencies – CIQ.
- To review/update changes of Food Laws/Regulation in Importing countries and safeguard legal requirement of product /specification.
- Develop and implement initiatives to build and enhance team capability.
- To constructively interact with other departments for achieving company’s goals.
- Managing performance and crisis management.
Star Award for the Best Employee in the group in Q2 2011, for successfully developing products (Mackerel & Pilchard Fish) & vendor for Animal Protein category from China region. Company has achieved extra sales revenue of 532000 USD, with gross profitability approx 20 %, i.e. 106400 USD.
Jun 2008 - Jan 2010
Nestle India Ltd.
- Process Improvement.
- Quality and compliance.
- Budget and standards.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Technical Leadership and people development.
- Systems and tools.
- Key role in Achieving OHSAS 18001 (Safety) & ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System) for the factory.
- Core Team Member for Internal Audit Team of the factory for Safety & Environment Audits. (Trained & Certified by CII).
- Drive projects in War on Waste and Operational Excellence activity.
Sep 2005 - Jun 2008
Amul (Mehsana DCMPUL- Dudhmansagar Dairy).
- Engaged in Project Erection and Commissioning of Dudhmansagar Dairy (AMUL) with Tetra Pak India Pvt Ltd.
- Fully responsible for Managing Ice-cream Section.
- Preparing the Daily Log sheets, SOP & Protocols for the Production & Quality.
- To take care about Quality, Plant & Personal Hygiene, Manpower management, Inventory management, RM, PM & FG management.
- Day to day Production planning and achievement of Production Target.
- Assuring on line quality check of the products.
- Rework processing, Wastage & Handling Loss control study & responsible for yield improvement.
- Ensure incoming RM quality check, FG check, Process control as per standards.
- Review of material usage variance & reduction in Manufacturing Cost.
- Works towards full utilization of plant & optimization of efficiencies.
- Standardized all the process parameters.
- Helping in the trials related to new product lines in the factory.
- Training given to the workers regarding GHP & GMP.
- MIS generation.
- Responsible for New Product Trials.
Aug 2001 - Jul 2005
B.Tech (DT) from Faculty of Dairy Technology (AICTE & ICAR approved), Kalyani, KOLKATA, West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences, Deemed University. Secured 76%.
Major courses during B. Tech (DT):
(a) Different Subjects in Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Dairy Chemistry, Dairy Microbiology and Dairy Management, and Statistics, Economics and Financial Accounting.
(b) Food Technology, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology and Operational Research and Computers-Basic Aspects and Application in Industry.
2013 Management Development Programme on Interpersonal Effectiveness and Team Building from Institute Indian Institute of Management (IIM )– Indore
2012 Six Sigma- GREEN BELT Certification with 80%