Lead GIS Specialist
Technical Design Services of Minnesota
- Headed creation and managed GIS division to bring growth within company by assisting in the hiring, training, and supervision of new employees.
- Compiled and utilized various spatial data sources (CAD drawings, centerline route data, design layers, parcel data, environmental data, survey data, Lidar data, raster data, etc.) and implemented GIS-based solutions to create development maps and quantify environmental features and constructability issues.
- Main duties:
- Installation, creation, and administered ESRI ArcServer 10.3 and custom specialized GIS driven websites.
- Create and manage multiple websites utilizing the ESRI ArcGIS API for Flex API and integrating onsite and offsite database connections.
- Installed Microsoft SQL Server for geodatabase utilization and data editing capabilities within ESRI ArcServer.
- Worked with developers to create custom functionality for GIS services and apps to fit the wide variety of needs for a large project team
- Thrived within a fast-paced environment creating and modifying GIS datasets; managing and maintaining legacy GIS datasets, various drawing preparation to support alignment sheet creation and general knowledge figures using several types of available GIS resources.
- Supporting major oil pipeline construction projects by working closely with Right of Way, Regulatory, Engineering, and Environment departments.