Quality Control Field Office Operations Supervisor
Detroit Regional Census Center
- Assisted in the management of office functions required to support field operation
- Supervised 6 clerks and oversaw printing operations, assignment preparation, quality checks, data entry, and shipment activities.
- ·Assigned work to subordinates and ensured accuracy and completeness.
- ·Maintained the flow and quality of completed work, making adjustments to expedite production.
- ·Recommended corrective action to keep operations on schedule and in proper sequence, including recommending shifting personnel from one operation to another as priorities changed.
- ·Collaborated with other supervisors to select qualified individuals to be field operations clerks.
- ·Supervised crew leaders, each of whom led a team of fifteen enumerators, during field operations.
- ·Conducted individual and group training sessions using verbatim training guides in field operation procedures, and in supervisory and administrative responsibilities.
- ·Submitted requests for replacement workers, assessed trainees, and determined job placement, ensuring operations were staffed to maintain an uninterrupted workflow.
- Monitored the progress and performance of census field operations, collected and reviewed completed work assignments, and ensured assignments were delivered on schedule.
- · Provided instructions to crew leaders for improving production and performance to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Assessed employee performance and recommendedtermination of substandard performingemployees.
- ·Trained and supervised recruiting assistants and clerks, administered the employment test to applicants, reviewed application forms.
- Applied Equal Employment Opportunity principles in hiring practices, training, and employee development.