HotJobs.com was founded in April of 1997 as a subscription based job board system and recruiting software company. It's award winning Softshoe applicant tracking system (ATS) was the first web based enterprise HR application ever taken to market with customers that included Yum! Brands, Merrill Lynch, UPS, and Goldman Sachs.
I started with HotJobs.com in its infancy in September of 1997 as an Account Executive, quickly becoming a top performing sales person and closing the company’s largest account, Philips North America, in its first full operating year. In 1999 I was selected by the CEO and COO to open and manage the company’s office in Chicago to serve the Midwest market.After being acquired by Yahoo! in 2002, I was promoted to Director of Sales, Strategic Accounts to manage enterprise customer sales (F2000 companies) for the western half of the US overseeing sales teams in Chicago, Austin, LA, and San Francisco.HotJobs achieved revenue growth from $3.4MM in 1997 to $117MM in 2001.HotJobs.com went public on the NASDAQ in 1999 (HOTJ) and was eventually sold to Yahoo! in 2002 for $440MM.
- Built Chicago office team to 30 sales people (5 sales managers), 6 Account Managers (1 Manager), and 3 back office personnel
- Grew revenue in Chicago to $30MM in 12 months, accounting for 1/4 of the company’s overall gross revenue.
- Selected by the CEO and Sr. Management team as Manager of the Year in 2001 as recognition for successfully launching the Chicago office and delivering the highest revenue per employee in the company.
- Company used the Chicago office launch model that I developed to open five additional offices in LA, Miami, Austin, Boston, and Toronto.
- Promoted two of my direct reports to open and manage the Boston and LA offices.
- Promoted to Director, Strategic Account Sales in 2002 following acquisition by Yahoo!, managing enterprise sales teams in Chicago, Austin, LA, and San Francisco.
- Recognized as Sales Director of the Year by the CEO in 2002 for the highest revenue per sales person on the Strategic Accounts team.
- Five time President’s Club qualifier.
- Held full P&L responsibility for my regions.
- Designed and implemented multiple product lines addressing multiple customer segments and service needs.
- Co-developed sales and management training programs with training vendor and internal HR.
- Co-designed and implemented customer segmentation process, aligning sales and account management teams by customer size, region, and vertical that resulted in an inside sales function, an outside sales function, a centralized customer support team, and an enterprise account management team.
- Implemented a separate third party recruiter (recruiting agency) sales and account management teamto grow and support revenue from this key customer segment.
- Developed ad agency marketing strategies that included pricing options, reseller discounts, agency specific print and online collateral, and an agency relations management team to grow revenue and market share from ad agencies/resellers.
- Initiated HotJobs/Yahoo! exploratory joint sales team to collectively discover how to best leverage the Yahoo! network for HotJobs.com post-acquisition, resulting in sales to multiple yet untapped customers and the re-positioning of existing Yahoo! products, including email campaigns (HotJobs Direct) and targeted behavioral marketing, into the recruiting market.
- Participated in Federal Trade Commission inquiry, including depositions in Washington D.C., during a failed attempt by TMP Worldwide (Monster.com) to acquire HotJobs in 2002.