- Panel Member, First Annual Illinois Technology Conference hosted by then Governor George Ryan and then Divine InterVentures CEO Andrew "Flip" Filipowski (now CEO of SilkRoad Technologies), moderated by KPMG and Red Herring magazine, 1999
- Regularly quoted in the Chicago Tribune and Crain's Business Chicago
- Panel Member, Software Association of Oregon, "Web 2.0 and It's Potential Impact on Talent Acquisition", 2007
- Speaker, Northwest Human Resource Management Association Annual Conference, Bellevue, WA 2007
- Advisor, The Kendall Foundation (family foundation focused on children's charities)
- Alumni Advisor, Syracuse University Whitman School of Management Alumni Mentor Program
- Past board member, Lincoln Park Cooperative Nursery School - Chicago, IL
- Founder, Catherine Cook School Father's Club - Chicago, IL
Seasoned manager with 13-year accomplished career track known for delivering and sustaining revenue and profit gains within highly competitive markets including digital media, offshore services, and software.
Exceptional communicator at the C-level with a consultative sales style, natural leadership skills, seasoned negotiator, exceptional problem solving abilities, and a keen client needs assessment aptitude.
- Strategic & Tactical Planning
- P&L/Financial Reporting
- C-Level Interactions
- Leadership experience and training
- Account Development/Acquisition
- Competitive Sales Analysis
- Policy Formulation
- Target Market & Penetration
- Budget Management
- Sales Presentations/Closing
- Sales Team Training/Supervision
- Customer Segmentation
- Contract Negotiations
- Global Business Travel throughout the Americas and Europe
- Technology savvy
- Passion for Web 2.0 and Rich Internet Applications
- Linux, Mac, and MS Operating Systems
- Advanced in MS Office programs including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Google Docs, Adobe, and ACT!
Oct 2006 - Present
Director of Sales
Senior management position reporting directly to the CEO. Currently working with the co-founder and former CEO of HotJobs.com for this dynamic start-up company that offers a suite of Web 2.0 applications delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS) and offshore business outsourcing services. Charged with bringing operational excellence to the sales, marketing, and product development functions in the US.
- Hold full responsibility for the sales and marketing functions in the US.
- Closed two key deals with Kelly Services, Inc., (NASDAQ: KELYA) a global provider of talent management solutions headquartered in Troy, MI and Avanade, Inc., a Seattle based Microsoft/Accenture joint venture to serve as beta customers for our Recruiting CRM software and recruiting analytics platform.
- Closed over $1MM of new business per year.
- Grew global services delivery team to over 120 people with co-development of training platform, goal setting, activity/performance based incentive programs, product and service promotions, and competitive bonus structure that resulted in a year-over-year revenue growth of over 50%.
- Pioneered product development strategies that included our CRM software product launch and two new services offerings for small and medium size businesses.
- Developed marketing strategies that included regularly scheduled webinars, targeted email marketing campaigns, pay-per-click advertising on major search engines, industry trade show schedules, trade speaking engagements, and monitoring trade publication editorial calendars.
- Designed and implemented new client implementation process and lead implementation teams through new client engagements, decreasing client turn over by 26%.
- Designed channel partner/reseller program and unique product offering for advertising agencies, outsourcing/consulting partners (RPO firms), and independent consultants that grew channel revenue to approx. 25% of overall revenue.
- Lead design team in the development and implementation of a unified corporate identity in print and online sales collateral including brochures, website design, and trade show booth design.
- Maintained close ties with corporate headquarters in Buenos Aires, Argentina with frequent business trips and monthly financial reporting.
Nov 2003 - Jul 2006
Ardent Capital, LLC
- Founded small alternative investments firm in 2003
- Syndicated private placement investments in pre-liquidity companies and real estate investments
- Raised over $3MM from high net worth individuals to co-invest alongside Ardent Capital's principals
- Acquired over $7MM in real estate investments
- Invested over $2MM in private placements in bio-tech, packaged goods, and Internet companies
- All investments were eventually sold with annual returns on equity of between 12-40%
- The company was voluntarily disolved in 2006
Sep 1997 - Sep 2003
Director, Strategic Account Sales
HotJobs.com was founded in April of 1997 as a subscription based job board system and recruiting software company. It's award winning Softshoe applicant tracking system (ATS) was the first web based enterprise HR application ever taken to market with customers that included Yum! Brands, Merrill Lynch, UPS, and Goldman Sachs.
I started with HotJobs.com in its infancy in September of 1997 as an Account Executive, quickly becoming a top performing sales person and closing the company’s largest account, Philips North America, in its first full operating year. In 1999 I was selected by the CEO and COO to open and manage the company’s office in Chicago to serve the Midwest market.After being acquired by Yahoo! in 2002, I was promoted to Director of Sales, Strategic Accounts to manage enterprise customer sales (F2000 companies) for the western half of the US overseeing sales teams in Chicago, Austin, LA, and San Francisco.HotJobs achieved revenue growth from $3.4MM in 1997 to $117MM in 2001.HotJobs.com went public on the NASDAQ in 1999 (HOTJ) and was eventually sold to Yahoo! in 2002 for $440MM.
- Built Chicago office team to 30 sales people (5 sales managers), 6 Account Managers (1 Manager), and 3 back office personnel
- Grew revenue in Chicago to $30MM in 12 months, accounting for 1/4 of the company’s overall gross revenue.
- Selected by the CEO and Sr. Management team as Manager of the Year in 2001 as recognition for successfully launching the Chicago office and delivering the highest revenue per employee in the company.
- Company used the Chicago office launch model that I developed to open five additional offices in LA, Miami, Austin, Boston, and Toronto.
- Promoted two of my direct reports to open and manage the Boston and LA offices.
- Promoted to Director, Strategic Account Sales in 2002 following acquisition by Yahoo!, managing enterprise sales teams in Chicago, Austin, LA, and San Francisco.
- Recognized as Sales Director of the Year by the CEO in 2002 for the highest revenue per sales person on the Strategic Accounts team.
- Five time President’s Club qualifier.
- Held full P&L responsibility for my regions.
- Designed and implemented multiple product lines addressing multiple customer segments and service needs.
- Co-developed sales and management training programs with training vendor and internal HR.
- Co-designed and implemented customer segmentation process, aligning sales and account management teams by customer size, region, and vertical that resulted in an inside sales function, an outside sales function, a centralized customer support team, and an enterprise account management team.
- Implemented a separate third party recruiter (recruiting agency) sales and account management teamto grow and support revenue from this key customer segment.
- Developed ad agency marketing strategies that included pricing options, reseller discounts, agency specific print and online collateral, and an agency relations management team to grow revenue and market share from ad agencies/resellers.
- Initiated HotJobs/Yahoo! exploratory joint sales team to collectively discover how to best leverage the Yahoo! network for HotJobs.com post-acquisition, resulting in sales to multiple yet untapped customers and the re-positioning of existing Yahoo! products, including email campaigns (HotJobs Direct) and targeted behavioral marketing, into the recruiting market.
- Participated in Federal Trade Commission inquiry, including depositions in Washington D.C., during a failed attempt by TMP Worldwide (Monster.com) to acquire HotJobs in 2002.