Leadership experience building global brands and creating value in both early-stage and Global 500 companies. Proven ability to achieve results; driving revenue, creating new businesses, marketing complex technology, managing cross-functional operations, while maintaining a strong profit orientation. Recognized for strategic vision, creativity, cross-cultural skills, and the ability to attract, build, and motivate diverse teams in highly competitive markets. Extensive international business development experience, spanning more than twenty five years and five continents bringing products to market through diverse channels and strategic partners.
- Led a $50M global security product line with P&L responsibility – achieved 30% CAGR and "best in portfolio" net profits
- Led a strategic business unit to invest and commercialize emerging technology for a global security company
- Led the marketing team for an early-stage software company, transforming a niche player to global category leader, positioning the company to be acquired by Sensormatic (Tyco)
- Developed and implemented a post-acquisition plan to integrate several businesses in physical security into a unified $100M+ enterprise.
- Rationalized competing product lines and led a cross-functional team in creating an integrated product roadmap and market/channel positioning strategies, resulting in a 50% reduction in development and support costs while streamlining the product offering.
- Instituted product life cycle management processes that reduced development time by 50%, and improved quality (TQM), performance and profitability. Hardware Gross Margin improved to better than 65%.
- Assessed opportunity, set strategy, and led transition of business from a single channel-to-market to a multi-channel model, dramatically increasing market share, with 30% of revenues coming from new markets
- Developed product strategy and integration plan leading to the successful acquisition of a hardware manufacturer, transforming the company from software only sales to an end-to-end solutions provider.
- Part of the founding management team for company that introduced the first SaaS solution for physical access control. Company IP was acquired by Synergistics, Inc.
- Joined the management team of several early-stage ventures to guide business formation and develop go-to-market plans.