Combat Engineer (12B)
United States Army National Guard
Combat engineers primarily supervise, serve or assist as a member of a team when they are tackling rough terrain in combat situations. They provide their expertise in areas such as mobility, countermobility, survivability and general engineering.
- Constructed fighting positions, fixed/floating bridges, obstacles and defensive positions.
- Placed and detonated explosives.
- Conducted operations that include route clearance of obstacles and rivers.
- Prepared and installed firing systems for demolition and explosives.
- Detected mines visually or with mine detectors.