- Working as a team helps make the best decisions.
- The customer and patient always come first in the healthcare.
- Organizational skills are an important part of being efficient and successful.
- Being committed to your job will bring the best results.
The purpose of my career portfolio is to showcase my academic and work related experiences and to display my skills and qualifications I have acquired and activities I participate in. My portfolio distinguishes who I am and many things that I have accomplished throughout my college career.
- To be completed with a Dietetic Internship
- To be a Registered Dietitian
- To be qualified to counsel weight management patients
- To have experience working with patients of different age groups
- To be a Dietetic Technician, Registered
- To develop medical nutrition therapy knowledge and skills
- To be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- To work with patients with diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, and obesity
- To be a volunteer at a nutritional assistance program
- To develop communication skills with patients
- To make diet plans for patients
Corinne Morganti is a senior currently attending Indiana University of Pennsylvania majoring in Nutrition with a concentration in Dietetics. She will be graduating in May of 2013 with a Bachelor of Science degree. She is an active member is the Student Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and has participated in various volunteer experiences in her hometown of Erie, PA and in Indiana, PA. These include helping collect non-perishable food items for the local food bank in Erie, PA and assisting shoppers while they pick out their food and aided in the collecting of donations for the Indiana County Community Action Program.
Corinne is an academically strong student in the classroom and has a great aptitude for understanding aspects of nutrition. She has had various school projects that have helped her gain knowledge and abilities that will assist her in the workplace. She has taught children and the elderly about the importance of good nutrition and has made lesson plans to guide her through those lessons. She has also gained insight on different cultures and their food preferences all around the world. She is currently learning about medical nutrition therapy and later on will be learning how to counsel patients.
Corinne has seven years of food service experience under her belt partly by serving at a The Chef’s Table restaurant in Erie where she gained multitasking skills, customer service skills, as well has additional food service skills. While working at that job, she also worked a second job at a family owned ice cream shop where she gained supervisory experience by training new employees. She gained a lot of leadership experience along with teamwork skills. All of these attributes that Corinne offers, such as multitasking, teamwork, leadership, knowledge, and customer service skills make her a fantastic worker and a successful student.