All Star Outdoor Products. Inc.Houston, Texas 1981-1999
Founder / CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
All Star Outdoor Products, Inc. is the parent company of All Star Graphite Rods, Inc. and
All Star Composites, Inc. All Star Graphite Rods manufactures high quality graphite fishing rods under the All Star Graphite Rods brand. All Star Composites manufactures the rod blanks for All Star Graphite Rods as well as other tubular composite products for outside customers and industries.
All Star Graphite Rods is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of the highest quality. It is firmly established in all major areas of distribution in the United States as well as internationally. The company has a market share of over 30% in its segment. Key accounts include Wal-Mart, Kmart, Academy Stores, The Sports Authority, BassPro Shops, Maurice Distributing, and BigRock Sports.
- Devised start-up operation for specific market niche in the fishing tackle industry.
- Designed complete line of high quality graphite fishing rods.
- Established relationships with key suppliers and negotiated most favorable terms and pricing.
- Worked with equipment suppliers to design and fabricate state-of-the-art facility.
- Trained core team of technicians to fabricate product to the highest standards.
- Recruited accounting management team and led implementation of accounting and manufacturing software and IT systems.
- Directed management team in modifications to manufacturing software for most accurate BOM’s and inventory control and forecasting.
- Recruited top performing sales groups to penetrate market and gain significant market share.
- Established working capital lines of credit with local lending institutions.
- Directed product line expansion to include region specific models for East and West coast markets.
- Led design and marketing team for direct sales to international markets including Japan, Spain South Africa and Italy.
- Developed working relationships with outdoor writers and media representatives.
- Led executive team into vertical integration of composite manufacturing process and facility.
- Raised expansion capital through stock offering to private investors.
- Recruited director of operations for composite manufacturing expansion.
- Grew revenues by 32% within 18 months of composite manufacturing start-up.
- Increased profits by 17%, reduced inventory of internally manufactured components by 36%.
- Enhanced company value by increasing EBDITA from 6% to 14% on revenues over $6.25 mil.
- Achieved over 30% market share in the premium fishing rod segment.
- Established relationship with suppliers for imported fishing rods at target price.
- Initialized product launch of lower price point rods for sales to mass merchant accounts.
- Negotiated the sale of companies resulting in over 200% ROI to shareholders.