Capitalizing on a career that encompasses substantial experience in product development and sales management, I am seeking a new professional challenge that will enable me to use these skills in a senior management position. I am confident that my knowledge, experience and expertise would allow me to make a meaningful contribution to the success of your firm and its clients. I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss my abilities in depth with you, and am available to do so at your earliest convenience.
Oct 2005 - Present
Source Plus Development Group / Vision Estate Homes, LLC
Source Plus Development Group / Vision Estate Homes
2005 to Present
Source Plus Development Group / Vision Estate Homes is a residential development and custom homebuilding company. Their initial development is the Legends of Augusta Pines which features premium lots within a gated enclave located in Augusta Pines.
- Responsibilities include contract management and negotiations with development contractors.
- Work with partners to secure new developments and homebuilding opportunities.
- Manage all phases of new home construction and property development.
Aug 2001 - Oct 2005
John Morgan Custom Homes, LLC
John Morgan Custom Homes is a design-build custom homebuilder. They have built over 40 custom homes in The Falls at Champion Forest, Barrington Woods, The Enclave at Lakewood and Lake Windcrest. Home sizes range from 3,000 sq. ft. to over 4,500 sq. ft. Prices range from $300,000 to $600,000.
- Responsible for leading the company through critical growth phase, taking business from initial conceptualization and development.
- Devise action, operating, and market launch plans; establish and maintain company focus and strategic direction; oversee tactical execution of business expansion initiatives; and manage day-to-day operations. Guide management team in plotting business strategy, marketing direction, and pricing.Coordinate competitive intelligence, market research, forecasting, and related efforts.
- Implemented design of homes for target market.
- Negotiated costs from all suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Direct hands-on supervision of the entire building process.
- Worked as Project Manager for the development of The Falls at Champion Forest and The Enclave at Lakewood.
- Coordinated with engineering firm and utility and paving contractor through the completion of the developments.
Nov 1981 - Dec 1999
All Star Outdoor Products, Inc
All Star Outdoor Products. Inc.Houston, Texas 1981-1999
Founder / CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
All Star Outdoor Products, Inc. is the parent company of All Star Graphite Rods, Inc. and
All Star Composites, Inc. All Star Graphite Rods manufactures high quality graphite fishing rods under the All Star Graphite Rods brand. All Star Composites manufactures the rod blanks for All Star Graphite Rods as well as other tubular composite products for outside customers and industries.
All Star Graphite Rods is an industry leader in the design and manufacture of the highest quality. It is firmly established in all major areas of distribution in the United States as well as internationally. The company has a market share of over 30% in its segment. Key accounts include Wal-Mart, Kmart, Academy Stores, The Sports Authority, BassPro Shops, Maurice Distributing, and BigRock Sports.
- Devised start-up operation for specific market niche in the fishing tackle industry.
- Designed complete line of high quality graphite fishing rods.
- Established relationships with key suppliers and negotiated most favorable terms and pricing.
- Worked with equipment suppliers to design and fabricate state-of-the-art facility.
- Trained core team of technicians to fabricate product to the highest standards.
- Recruited accounting management team and led implementation of accounting and manufacturing software and IT systems.
- Directed management team in modifications to manufacturing software for most accurate BOM’s and inventory control and forecasting.
- Recruited top performing sales groups to penetrate market and gain significant market share.
- Established working capital lines of credit with local lending institutions.
- Directed product line expansion to include region specific models for East and West coast markets.
- Led design and marketing team for direct sales to international markets including Japan, Spain South Africa and Italy.
- Developed working relationships with outdoor writers and media representatives.
- Led executive team into vertical integration of composite manufacturing process and facility.
- Raised expansion capital through stock offering to private investors.
- Recruited director of operations for composite manufacturing expansion.
- Grew revenues by 32% within 18 months of composite manufacturing start-up.
- Increased profits by 17%, reduced inventory of internally manufactured components by 36%.
- Enhanced company value by increasing EBDITA from 6% to 14% on revenues over $6.25 mil.
- Achieved over 30% market share in the premium fishing rod segment.
- Established relationship with suppliers for imported fishing rods at target price.
- Initialized product launch of lower price point rods for sales to mass merchant accounts.
- Negotiated the sale of companies resulting in over 200% ROI to shareholders.