- Use of social media to engage and educate online communities
- Emerging media strategy
- Application of social marketing concepts to reach targeted audiences
- Enrolled in VCU’s Non-Profit Learning Point (Certificate of Achievement anticipated 2013)
- Member of American Marketing Association (2012 - present)
- Certificate in internet marketing from Hubspot's Inbound University (2010)
Community minded professional with 10+ years diverse experience, spanning pharmaceutical sales to healthcare marketing and communications.
- 7 years: sales and marketing
- 3 years: communications
- 3 years: social media community management
- MAC OS
- Google Analytics
- Survey Monkey
- Constant Contact
Apr 2010 - Present
Social Media Marketing Consultant
Dec 2008 - Sep 2012
Virginia Department of Health
- Developed and maintained social media campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
- Facilitated the Virginia Chronic Disease Collaborative Network’s online presence using PhConnect
- Consulted with chronic disease program managers to determine and implement impactful digital media and website content strategies
- Wrote a diverse array of communication pieces targeted to a wide variety of audiences (press releases, copy for marketing materials, website content, newsletters, responses to constituent mail).
- Created client success stories that were published in American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network’s (ACS CAN) August 2010 national publication.
- Delivered presentation on email marketing at national Center for Disease Control (CDC) meeting (March 2010).
Dec 2006 - Jul 2008
- Promoted prescription topical dermatological products to dermatologists in Virginia.
- In April 2008, achieved rank of #16 out of 60 in nation.
Dec 2003 - Dec 2006
- Created and implemented territory sales strategies geared toward family practitioners and specialists.
- Winners Circle Emerald Award 2005 (top 6% of national sales force).
- Increased Wellbutrin XL marketshare from 4.3% to 9.1% in less than 24 months.
- Demonstrated leadership in campaign to achieve favorable formulary status for Wellbutrin XL on Anthem and VA Premier formularies.
B.S., Psychology/Women's Studies
Mary Washington College
Graduated Cum Laude