Over 25 years experience in Marketing, Market Research, Account Management and Product Development, with Fortune 100 companies and private practice.
Jan 2003 - Present
The Energy Center
• Teach and promote "Green" solutions; energy-efficiency, sustainable design and alternative /renewable-energy, to local governments, schools, professional groups, architects,and facility managers. Create strategic partnerships to work out energy issues. • Develop and established major energy-efficiency and "Green" energy initiatives; solar schools, Idling reduction, renewable choices, bio-fuel facility, and performance contracting programs • Designed Photovoltaic program as member of committee working with EPA developing the "Sustainable Skylines" initiative for the Midwest.
Apr 1998 - Present
Director of Business Development
The Olivet Group
• Created business providing: market and product development, market research / intelligence and marketing programs and strategies, in-depth research interviewing. • Developed business for the company through business-to-business sales: (select clients and projects: Aquila, Columbia Energy, Avantis, Cemex, Eastman Chemical, Board of Pubic Utilities, SCANA, others) • Managed research projects determining methodologies, data collection, analysis, report/presentation development, for a variety of market research, market intelligence, and competitive intelligence projects
Jun 1996 - Apr 1998
Product Development Manager
Reinvented Appliance Care, Identified problems, redesigned the offer, improved customer service, perfected the claims process, recruited local HVAC services to deliver promise, then re-launched. Result: (enrolled 200 dealers and over 12,000 customers) returned 4% first year while reducing churn from 52% to 5% or less.
Jul 1994 - Jun 1996
Manager Market Programs and Strategies
Missouri Gas Energy (formerly Westar Company)
• Identified / implemented strategic opportunities expanding use of business unit functions for potential revenue • Researched regulations, found rules allowed company to sell direct to large customers, set up subsidiary, sold first contract • Created service plan for residential segment, expanded trade- ally base, plus created employee referral program
Nov 1990 - Jul 1994
Enron Gas Liquids
• Covering 12 Central States and Canada developed multi- channel distribution (added 203 dealers) through strategic positioning while directing and motivating sales force, result: increased annual volume 89 million gallons • Successfully developed customer network for gas liquid production from 2 refiners selling 2.7million bbls. ($7million profit)
Jul 1989 - Mar 1990
New Product Development Manager
Branded a commodity focusing the dealer on the value of doing business with Ferrell and not the unit price, by bundling services that provide business tools to run their business • Set-up relationship between sales rep and dealer by creating a "Customer Satisfaction Survey" that identified the customer's perceptions of the dealership • Created menu of products, addressing the survey results and to positively enhance the dealer's customer perceptions: retail sales kits, "Supply Agreement", Water Heater and Group Purchase Programs. Locked in 30% of total volume
Oct 1980 - Jul 1989
Product Specialist / Communications Coordinator
• Member of team that created AMPRIDE complete franchise branded retail outlet (C-store, restaurant, fast food, and truck stop - over150 now open) • Provided creative insight / direction for product groups developing marketing communications and marketing programs (Annual ad budget $2.8MM) • Strategically created premium product position and new market for fuel, by coloring it red, naming it RUBY, increasing sales 19.5 million gallons (44%) in one month. • Branded premium fuel additive "Cleangard" packaged it in carryout bottles creating $1.800,000 sales in first year • Persuaded executive management to turn fleet of 700 trucks to be rolling (product image) billboards
William Jewell College
Strategic Markets and Implementation
Identify through research strategic opportunities, develop them and roll them out to working products or programs.