Director, Digital Strategy
College of American Pathologists
As Director of Digital I’m a champion and change agent contributing to the future growth of the organization. Lead the development of a digital strategy into operational plans and a roadmap to incrementally build capabilities. Oversee centralized digital resources, operations and capabilities within a single team/function. I provide a single point of coordination and oversight for all digital initiatives focused on the customer experience.
I’m accountable for web operations, video/audio production, social, mobile, user experience, creative design and digital content management. Responsible to lead, drive, and execute an enterprise-wide digital strategy, enabling CAP to elevate its brand position through increased online engagement. Oversee programs from the strategy through community management, content and creative development, execution and measurement. Manage a $2.3M budget and a team of 12; as needed temporary roles and agencies.
Management of CAP's brand-level social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and similar sites. Head of CAP's hosted online community, CAPconnect at community.cap.org; 10K+ customers, members, employees and industry influencers engage with CAP through these channels.
Drive the creative strategy across the entire Marketing team, while proactively developing and sharing best practices. Lead the overall brand visual expression system.
Developed a comprehensive multi-year digital engagement and investment strategy. Lead the team that manages CAP's corporate website (http://cap.org), micro-sites, social, mobile, video and audio production, creative design, content strategy, and user experience (UX).
- As Director of Digital key functions include:
- Leading all aspects of social media including measurement and goal setting, listening, content strategy and planning, paid media, influencer outreach, campaign development, policy, and technology platform evaluation and selection.
- Oversight of agency partnerships including agency selection, contract negotiation and scope of work.
- Partnership with marketing on integrated multichannel marketing programs that leverage social media, web, email and video.
- Development of formal frameworks, methodologies, and guidelines for employing digital, web and social media.
- Responsible for carrying out the CAP brand expression system through the cohesive delivery of assets across all mediums (i.e. web, social, mobile, print, email).
- Oversee photography, video, and design productions and ensures the appropriate recording and warehousing of print and digital materials.
- Ensure the brand and visual identity of the CAP is consistently applied to all physical and digital materials.
- Operational responsibility including recruitment and retention; coaching, mentoring and training of staff on topics focused on digital marketing and communications.
Key Deliverable's and Outcomes include:
- Completed the website migration including a new CMS, taxonomy strategy, content management workflow and governance and implementation of a new site search solution. Launched October 2018.
- Introduced and implemented the voice of customer program focused on the web experience to help drive increased member and customer satisfaction.
- Established the CAP’s user experience (UX) practice. Through user-centered design, we gain a better understanding of the problems we need to solve. We clearly perceive users’ pain-points and improve design solutions.