Sr. Manager; Meetings, Events & Tradeshows
Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.
Responsible for the planning, development, support and execution of internal and external, corporate and industry meetings and events.
Provides strategic and visionary direction to architect, influence and determine where CSI will play; manages internal and external relationships and partners; develops and manages associated budgets; and guides a cross-functional team to ensure seamless execution.
Uses knowledge of the company’s and brands’ strategic frameworks and target audience(s) to create a rolling, comprehensive plan in order to influence key opportunities. This includes identifying opportunities and gaps in support of advancing brand/company initiatives.
Leads to influence internal/external stakeholders, business owners, and multifunctional partners (internal or external) on initiatives that deliver superior results aligned with company growth objectives.
Through strategic leadership, relationship-building, functional knowledge and guidance, across an array of cross-functional partners, I am responsible for directing, planning, organizing and securing strategic internal and external business-related functions, conferences, programs and events. Additionally, my role plays point in guiding, managing and ensuring success across CSI’s Corporate Travel Management Program.
- Develop an 18-month strategy (plan) for current/future conferences, tradeshows and meetings inclusive of sales meetings, account/innovation visits, summits and other company events.
- Define what our future will look like, build/influence/manage budgets, and lead other aspects of these events.
- Plan and oversee annual conference schedule including direct participation, co-sponsored presences and CSI-hosted events.
- Create a roles and responsibilities strategy aimed at driving a consistent awareness and engagement across the organization at all levels.
- Conduct kick-off/on-going meetings with internal clients requesting functional support, to develop thoughts, ideas and activities that support the company's goals and objectives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to map out the processes and CSI standards for events that will drive fluid management and best practices.
- Build relationships and communication cadence with Executive, Marcom, Product Marketing, Sales and other key functions/leaders; understand their needs and ways to connect.
- Own, drive and communicate overall Master Calendar well in advance of execution of activities.
- Plan, participate, and educate employees on CSI cultural happenings, not necessarily related to brand/product activity.
- Act as primary liaison with CSI’s external travel partner to ensure optimal synergies and cost advantages.
- Measure success for this role in support of broader marketing/corporate strategies.
- Develop and strengthen the skills of direct reports, and lay out a plan for what is needed to build and empower the team.