2+ years in sales/marketing * Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills * Excellent writing abilities * Able to think creatively and strategize efficiently * Tech-savvy: Mac OS X, Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator * Infectiously positive.
I love: photo editing, reading, jazz, rock, keeping up with the blogosphere, socializing, comedy, art museums and travel.
Mar 2008 - Present
Media/Marketing Assistant Intern
Carol Young Silver
- Designed and distributed promotional materials including business cards and marketing postcards.
- Photographed and retouched jewelry images via Photoshop for use in email newsletters.
- Made outbound calls to establish new account leads.
- Updated inventory database and sales records.
- Assisted in jewelry show sales.
Sep 2006 - Sep 2007
- Exemplified customer service skills to develop client base and exceed sales goals.
- Worked through various store operations: inventory, point-of-sale systems, and administration to provide outstanding customer service.
- Cultivated lasting client relations to maximize customer base.
- Attended after-hours, in-store benefits and fundraisers.
Feb 2005 - Aug 2006
Slide Scanning Assistant
UC Berkeley Visual Resource Collection
- Scanned slides for digital collection using Mac and PC platforms to be used for web viewing.
- Retouched and repaired images for use in professors’ lectures using Adobe Photoshop.
- Uploaded slides to Visual Resource Collection database for academic access.
Mar 2004 - May 2006
New Genres Exhibition Volunteer
UC Berkeley Worth Ryder Gallery
- Co-coordinated exhibitions through planning and promoting the event.
- Assisted with instillation and removal of artwork.
Sep 2004 - Dec 2004
Oral History Archive Project Intern
Temple Newsam Estate
- Developed community outreach strategies to gather first-hand accounts of former employees to the estate.
- Coordinated meetings and interviews between former employees and project curator.
- Filmed, edited interviews using iMovie.
University of Leeds
Aug 2003 - May 2006
University of California, Berkeley
Verbal: making connections, developing returning clients, sales introductions. Written: composing promotional emails, business letters, mail card campaigns.
Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr
Color correcting, image repair, logo design, web templates
Mac OS X / Microsoft Windows
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook