MANAGER, Network Services
Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD
Act as the technical lead for IT infrastructure and operations initiatives; strategies and IT procedures to attain objectives of all clients. Interface with executive team and division stakeholders to define project requirements and assess near and long-term capacity needs. Provide guidance and support for existing security infrastructure systems, ensuring functionality and availability are maintained. Monitor and report on network systems performance, help identify network trends, and resolve problem areas as needed. Develop and mentor members of the network infrastructure team; providing direction to and acting as a technical resource. Manage software licensing agreements, maintenance renewals, departmental operating budgets, vendor agreements and procurement of IT hardware, software and services.
- Utilized extensive experience to analyze business policies and processes; streamlined IT functions by separating support tasks and deploying best practice solutions that aligned with business goals.
- Developed employee strength assessments, career development plans and performance evaluations to ensure department is efficient and in accordance with Company standards.
- Led in-depth root cause analysis process to get beyond symptoms of mission critical service interruptions. Identified underlying source of problem, presenting documented findings and solutions to divisions executive team.
- Successfully led cross-functional teams through development and testing of new Press site launch.
- In my first month of employment, I established standardization for applications and systems, allowing for decreased inventory, application pricing, and licensing expenses, resulting in yearly savings thus far of $30k.
- Facilitated, designed and implemented structured change review process for all technology and application changes affecting production systems, merging developed SOP's added efficiency.