Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Survey Monkey, SharePoint, BaseCamp, NetForum, Content Management Systems, Social Media Tools: WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr; Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, FaceBook, YouTube, Hoot Suite
-Program Management -Social Media -Brand Awareness -Digital Communication -Health Communication -Content Ideation & Execution -Social & Corporate Event Planning
Tea and Honey Blends Washington, DC December 2010- April 2012
•Established and maintained key relationships with bloggers, reporters, print media and other organizations to leverage the public visibility of THB via event attendance, media coverage and consumer engagement.
•Initiated effective social media tools and e-marketing strategies to raise online presence which increased sales for client up 30% within three months.
•Identify vision and set priorities to ensure campaign goals exceed their expectations.
Howard University, Washington, DC September 2010
Program Development Consultant
•Developed inaugural program, “Get Creative!” a panel discussion about “making it big” in artistic careers featuring recent Howard University alumni, candidly speaking about their professional triumphs post-graduation.
DC Tobacco Youth Coalition, Washington, DC October 2011
•Developed a presentation titled, “Selling the Message” a crash-course in the meaning behind building a brand targeted to middle and high-schooled at- risk students to create their own anti-smoking campaign.
Jul 2008 - Present
- Implements and coordinates activities and processes with key health officials at state, local and federal levels in partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention with a focus on workforce development in the public health laboratory setting.
- Managed the facilitation of workshops, trainings, meetings and conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Oversees the development of website content and email-based initiatives to increase enrollment in infectious disease and bioterrorism trainings.
- Cultivated a list of seasoned subject matter experts to teach intermediate and advanced-level laboratory practice methods of public health significance through quality continuing education which resulted in over 40 programs per year.
- Maintains database and customer relationship management systems and provide technical assistance as needed.
- Provides support to training staff with communication, outreach, collaboration and media assistance.
Oct 2007 - Jul 2008
Association for Conflict Resolution
- Provided timely and exceptional customer service to prospects and members, which included phone, paper, and online correspondences.
- Organized 10 section conferences and teleconferences per month with participation from non-governmental and educational organizations.
- Increased membership rates by 25% conducting targeted recruitment campaigns.
May 2007 - Oct 2007
Events Assistant (Event Season Only)
- Aided in conference logistics, learning the details and skills necessary for execution of each event.
- Performed on-site registration as well as pre-registration services.
- Requested, collected and analyzed the data received from conference surveys and breakout sessions.
- Gained experience in working through unexpected and high- pressure situations, while still maintaining excellent customer and client service at the government level.
Jan 2007 - May 2007
Diversity Best Practices
- Supported team members, investigated and resolved any issues related to internal and external inquiries.
- Responsible for the development of a diversity resource library, which served as a repository for information on cultural demographics in the workplace.
- Conducted campaign calling to membership to promote upcoming events for maximum attendance.
- Provided administrative support on multiple projects for marketing and sales departments.
May 2005 - Aug 2005
Web Content Intern
America Online (AOL)
- Compiled written surveys of competing websites with similar content and demographics.
- Maintained and organized website editorial calendar.
- Monitored message board for possible story ideas and appropriateness.
- Utilized AOL’s content management system to upload and edit articles.
- Stayed abreast of current and breaking news items worldwide and pitched story ideas, resulting in 5 published articles.
Mar 2004 - Aug 2004
NPJ Advertising & Public Relations
- Created brochure and advertising copy as requested and prepared press kits and fact sheets.
- Researched, developed and dispersed news releases to appropriate media outlets.
- Developed public service announcements for selected radio and television stations.
- Assisted in development, expansion and upgrading of client database.