Software Engineer and Certified Oracle DBA with 10+ years of experience in IT seeking a Database Administrator position in a company utilizing Oracle or a consulting firm.
A Proactive, results-oriented, and self-starting software engineer with 10+ years of valuable experience in a wide spectrum of technical support, software and database development and testing. Certified Oracle 8i Database Administrator (Oracle Certified Professional, OCP).
Proven success in working as part of a cooperative team effort as well as independently on various projects. Skilled in assessing requirements and prioritizing tasks for an on-time solution’s delivery. Interface effectively with working team members, supervisors and customers. Think and function clearly and calmly in a fast paced and hectic environment, while maintaining a professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere. High achiever, who can generate results with little or no supervision. Present a professional and positive company image at all times.
May 2009 - Present
- Installed and configured ORACLE 10g on SUN SOLARIS10 and Windows XP platforms.
- Installed and upgraded ORACLE 10g to ORACLE11g.
- Refreshed the database using RMAN.
- Installed and configured JBOSS, Apache, SonicMQ software.
- Performed database load testing on Oracle 10g and 11g using Apache JMeter tool.
- Installed and utilized Sql Developer for Database development and testing.
Feb 2009 - Present
- Created and updated User information records in the EU MS-Access Database.
- Generated reports based upon EU Database.
- Helped EU users with their technical needs.
Dec 2004 - Apr 2009
Consultant, Oracle DBA
- Installed and configured ORACLE 8i on most platforms such as WINDOWS ans UNIX.
- Offered day to day DBA services to customers on contract bases.
- Attended trainings and updated my knowledge on regular bases.
May 2003 - Aug 2004
Technical Support Analyst Level 2
- Performed remote DBA tasks on monitored customer ORACLE databases; such as installation, upgrade, patching and tuning of over 15 production databases. Sizes of databases ranged from 10G to 80G. Utilized releases 7, 8 & 8i to successfully reduce downtime and ensure 24x7availability.
- Monitored and managed table space usage & growth, adjusted and changed Table space sizes to support data growth on the server.
- Improved hit ratio related performance goals for 8 ORACLE databases by approximately 10% by tuning different components of ORACLE memory structures. SGA sizes ranged from 150M to 650M.
- Used tools such as: ORACLE Enterprise Manager (OEM), Toad, RMAN and Export/Import.
- Performed data analysis on MIS databases as needed to have accurate and reliable data for management reports.
- Focused on problem resolution as well as opening new requests reported from customers.
- Resolved customer issues with urgency and accuracy.
- Performed event analysis, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Conducted customer technical support.
Aug 2009 - Present
New Horizons Computer Learning Center
Completed Certification program