- Programme Management
- ICT Management
- ERP/CRM implementation
- Founding business divisions
- Business Processes and SLAs
- Change Management
- Risk Management
An objective-orientated; with roll up sleeves attitude; hands-on leader, with outstanding management qualifications and skills underpinned by diverse technical background, project management, organisational entrepreneurship, and long-term strategic and commercial insights, gained in demanding international business environments, over nearly 22 years of experience in Project, ICT Management, and Software Management.
Enterprise Portfolio Management Officer, managed many long term multi-million dollar projects. Successfully led geographically dispersed, culturally diversified large teams into successful project completion.
A strategist & experienced implementer of several business management solutions, ERPs, CRMs, EPMs, and Knowledge Management, including Strategic Planning, Task & Resource Allocation, Team Management, and Performance Monitoring
Merit of associating with Forbes, PMI Magazine, Channel Middle East, and several other professional publications, writing on IT strategies, Project Management practices and processes in.
- Setting up of PMO (Portfolio Management Office) and establishing its processes, methodology, systems, and teams.
- Spearheading Project Management Office and supervising the management of programmes and projects in 10 countries across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), with a collective portfolio value of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Founding delivery frameworks & new technology implementation projects for optimised partnership between ICT and business strategies.
- Perfected the utilisation of ICT systems to achieve crystal 360 view on business performance monitoring and reporting, which boosted management by exception, and enhanced planning and predictability based on trends and patterns.
- Leading, mentoring & monitoring the performance of team members to ensure efficiency of processes and operations, and evolving teams performance.
- Managing the IT infrastructure of 16 offices, upgrading and ensuring high levels of Security, Disaster Management and Data Recovery plans.
Jan 2011 - Present
Project Management Officer - PMO
- Established the Project Management Office, supervising the management of projects in 10 countries across the MENA region, with a collective portfolio value of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Built a super capable project management team.Evolved their skills through structured training programmes, and knowledge transfer. Created a motivational career development system to incentivise all PMP certified PMs to attain PgMP certificate.
- Developed a customised project management methodology derived from PMI standards; in order to cater for the characteristics of the enterprise solution integration niche industry and unique business model. The customised methodology is documented in 100+ pages manual.
- Empowered the PMO with the implementation of a state of art Enterprise Project Management system to capture, organise and report on projects individually and collectively. The system facilitates the management of tasks, resources, vendors, customers, project financials, and learned lessons, enabling PMs to make fact-based decisions.
- Aligned the Project Management Office strategy with the business strategy. Clearly specifying processes and SLAs that govern the cooperation with all other internal and external bodies.
Sep 2004 - Jan 2011
Group IT Manager
- IT Strategy:
- Aligned IT operations with overall corporate business strategy, which entails modifying IT service models, customizing business applications, enhancing IT infrastructures, maintaining policies and managing outsourced services in compliance with strategic organizational interests.
- Redeployed the Enterprise Architecture to cope with organizational changes resulting from a major strategy shift from being a “box mover” to service orientated integrator.
- Reshaped the IT functions utilizing cloud computing, outsourcing and BYOD models for both software and hardware services without compromising on service portfolio or quality.
- Business Applications:
- Conceptualized and championed the implementation of cloud computing culture and systems, to reduce cost of running IT, cease the benefits of latest technologies, and foster collaboration among distant employees.
- Managed group-wide ERP and other business system implementation projects using Microsoft Dynamics AX/GP/CRM, ExactSoftware Globe/Synergy, and Salesforce technologies.
- Mapped and implemented business process workflow systems covering multiple business aspects using Metastorme eWork technology.
- Reduced overall in-house development cost and time by at least 80% via utilising DB schema based code generators.
- IT Infrastructure:
- Established and managed a sophisticated multi-tier redundant, secure, and cost effective environment that connects 16 offices with 4 outsourced datacenters maintaining complex role-based security model, backups and disaster recovery provisions.
- Revitalized IP communication technologies to cut travel cost, save time, and foster virtual teams and meetings.
- IT Operations:
- Managed an international, data-intensive, 24/7 real-time environment with responsibility for the delivery, management and maintenance of enterprise strategic IT infrastructure for 300 screens across 20 physical locations.
- Led the technical team to provide effective support for 250 users across 16 locations while maintaining all infrastructure systems and business applications.
- Handled financial aspects of IT operations and projects including preparing budgets, CAPEX and OPEX financials.
Nov 2002 - Sep 2002
Business Applications Analyst
- Re-engineered most business processes of STME Ltd sharpening the focus of the company from sales-based model to project-based and professional services integrator.
- Utilized Metastorm eWork in the architecture, development, implementation and maintenance of distributed Business Process Management - BPM solutions, interacting extensively with clients and end-users.
- Designed and maintained tailored CRM, HRM, Document Management, and Project Management applications for in-house use. Developed field services databases for support engineers’ use to deliver 24/7 with 2 hours fix SLA to more than 400 enterprise-level datacenters.