Head, Revenue and Cash Management Directorate
Controller and Accountant-General's Department (CAGD)
As the Head of Revenue and Cash Management in the Controller and Accountant-General of the Republic of Ghana, I am currently responsible for the implementation of Ghana's Cash Management Reforms initiatives including the implementation of Ghana's Treasury Single Account: Since taking up this job, I have chalked the following success:
1. Established the Revenue and Cash Management Directorate of CAGD with a staff strength of 20.
2. Lead the development and implementation of Ghana's Bank Account Tracking platform (i.e., the B-Tracking Platform) which has giving a real-time visibility to the Controller and Accountant of all Government's bank accounts seated with commercial banks;
3. Got all commercial banks in Ghana submitting MT940 S.W.I.F.T messages to the B-Tracking Platform;
4. Developed a comprehensive work plan and budget for the implementation of Ghana's Treasury Single Account (TSA) strategy;
5. Worked hand-in-hand with IMF's AFRITACK WEST 2 Consultant in an ex-ante assessment of the liquidity impact of Ghana's TSA Strategy on the banking industry in Ghana;
6. Developed a request for proposal (RFP) and got a panel of six banks selected to act as Government of Ghana's Investment Managers for the next 24 month starting in April, 2016.
7. Developed the investment system and acting as the lead investor for the Government of Ghana's Treasury and earning close to GH¢30 million (i.e., $7.5 million) on monthly basis for the Government of Ghana through the investment of government cash balances with commercial banks.
8. Played a key role in the drafting of Ghana's Public Financial Management Act 2016 (Act921).