Operations Manager (Roll Forming & Manufacturing)
Responsible for leading a team of 35 staff at the main manufacturing facility in Suva, while also managing an additional 4 support staffs at 2 distribution offices in the Western and Northern division. Being part of the senior lead team I am actively involved in strategic planning, processes and policies formulation, business decisions and customer relations. I provided leadership and management support to all operational functions.
- A hands-on management style which fosters a culture of teamwork, shared mission and a dedication to excellence.
- Recognized for identifying and implementing simple solutions to complex problems.
- A change agent who has reinvigorated under-performing teams and improved quality.
- Spearheaded a comprehensive review of company practices to redesign and execute a process of accountability, establishing strict and sustainable targets against which all processes, practices and staff were evaluated.
- Devised and implemented initiatives to maximize plant productivity which resulted in a reduction of overtime by 5%, while maintaining high levels of motivation and cohesiveness among staff.
- 25% increase in productivity and 10% increase in net margin over the financial year without an increase in staff number.
- Researched, sourced and installed key new equipment and extensive staff training programs.
- Improved relationship between senior management and union members, cultivating a positive new atmosphere of communication and tolerance.