My role includes working with version control and issue tracking applications to meet customer requirements by providing software solutions for the telecommunication industry. On a continuous basis, I perform the following:
- Investigate and collaborate with peers to find the best way to implement solutions.
- Review code to learn from experienced programmers and make suggestions to improve software.
- Inspect execution flow, refactor, and write tests as part of our test-driven development process.
- Document development procedures for ease of access by other members and teams.
- Present and demonstrate my work to my team and managers.
- Mentor new hires of all types of seniority, and present system overview and code walk-through.
In a short period of time, I have made contributions to the majority of components in the code base. I have written parsers for large files as well as improved the speed and performance of existing parsers and DB queries through concurrent and parallel programming. I have written helper functions and namespaces for existing and new micro-services, including a REST API for serving time series information for graph rendering. I have also updated UI code to reflect the back-end functionality. Through-out my experience at CENX, I have worked with tools and services from the Clojure family (Clojure, ClojureScript, Datomic) and the Apache family (Zookeeper, Kafka, Solr, Cassandra).