My role includes working with version control and issue tracking applications to meet customer requirements by providing software solutions for the telecommunication industry. On a continuous basis, I perform the following:
- Investigate & collaborate with peers to find the best way to implement solutions.
- Review code to learn from more experienced programmers and make suggestions to improve software.
- Inspect execution flow, refactor, and write tests as part of our test-driven development process.
- Document development procedures for ease of access by other members and teams.
- Present & demonstrate my work to other teams and managers.
- Train & mentor new hires of different seniority, and present architecture overview and code walk-through.
During my time at CENX so far, I have worked on two large scale customer projects where I had the opportunity to make contributions to all major components and libraries in our codebase. I wrote functions and namespaces for existing and new micro-services. I evaluated and reworked legacy code into a better performant one. I updated UI code to reflect the back-end functionality. Consequently, I became a subject matter expert on two major system components where I continue to maintain ownership and responsibility over related code repositories. Throughout this experience, I have worked with tools and services from the Clojure family (Clojure, ClojureScript, Datomic) and the Apache family (Zookeeper, Kafka, Solr, Cassandra, Spark). I have also been exposed to orchestration tools such as Docker as well as solving frequent problems by leveraging the Unix CLI and writing Bash scripts.