Senior Internal Auditor
Range of Responsibility
Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting performance, financial and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the Annual Audit Plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment
Other essential duties
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
- Performs related work as assigned by audit management.