Senior Accountant / Acting Chief Accountant
Dec 2009 - Present
Al-Othman Holding Co
- Handling accounting functions independently till now, including Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account. - Bank reconciliation, A/P & A/R reconciliation, vouchers review, Petty cash management.
- Cash and Bank Accounting & reporting.
- Daily Bank Status.
- Responsible for the timely Advising, Issuance, and Verification of Letters of Credit and Amendments, examination of documents presented, and the processing of payments. Review and process incoming Letters of Credit and Amendments, Correspond with banks for all LC queries.
- Payroll accounting.
- Payroll management including staff leave, resignation and termination as per Saudi Arabia Law.
- Analysis of cost, maintaining reports of inventory.
- Sales & ARs accounting & reporting.
- Fixed assets accounting & reporting.
- Purchases & APs accounting & reporting.
> Preparing monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow and monthly closing.
> Analyze the Balance Sheet & Cash Flow -Actual Vs Forecast- variances.
> Prepare the commentary and send it to top management
Analysis/improvement of accounting work processes & procedures
* In-depth understanding of Cost Accumulation Sys (ABC- Job Order costing system, Process Costing, Backflush Costing, Life Cycle Costing).
* In-depth understanding of Cost Allocation Technique (Absorption Vs Variable Costing , Joint Products & By Product Costing , Overhead Costs & Normal Costing and Allocation of Services Dept Costs)
* Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
* Prepare financial reports for management at the end of physical period .
Strong talent in team organization, collaborative leadership and objective focus
Very computer and software literate
Ability to work in international and and multi-cultural environments
Strong analytical, problem solving skills