Seeking an opportunity to serve in a leadership capacity for leading-edge organization in information technology project management, database administration, project maintenance, consulting or instructional design in which my energy, strong leadership, problem solving and organizational skills will contribute and align with the organizational mission.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to lead and work cohesively with a team in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior administrators.
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS), IC³ Internet and Computing Core Certification 2005 and IC³ Authorized Instructor.
- Formidable Enterprise Application administrator and consultant.
- Diverse technical expertise in preparing report specifications and creating database designs to support reporting requirements for stakeholders’.
- Proficient in project management methodologies, planning, scheduling methods, and tools.
- Insightful and enthusiastic technology facilitator, collaborator and problem-solver.
- Knowledgeable in usability and accessibility issues and web standards.
Overview of Technical Expertise
Learning Management Systems (LMS): SABA, WebCT, Blackboard, Moodle Web Languages: HTML, CSS Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites Operating Systems: Windows, MAC Assessment Tool: Respondus Report Design: Crystal Reports Screen Recorder/Capture: Camtasia and Snagit eLearning Development: Captivate, Articulate, Lectora Web Conferencing: Adobe Connect, Skype, Centra eLearning Application Administrator Virtual Classroom/Collaborative Tool: Wimba, Adobe Connect Lecture/Content Capture: Mediasite, Tegrity Database Management: SQL, Microsoft Access Content Management/Intranet: Microsoft SharePoint Project Management: Microsoft Project, Atrium (Open Source) Content Management Systems: Joomla, Drupal, WordPress Web 2.0 Tools: Blogs, Wikis, Twitter, Social Networking and Media, MindMeister, Evernote
Apr 2010 - Dec 2011
Information Technology Consultant
- Reports directly to the Director of Academic Technology Services (ATS) and a member of the Instructional Technology and Digital Video support teams within the Faculty Technology Center responsible for leading and hosting events in which we sponsored and/or hosted
- Conduct departmental visits, establish/maintain campus relationships and conduct needs analysis to determine best solution(s) to support stakeholders current and future needs related to teaching and learning.
- Support and participate in efforts and initiatives instituted via the Learning and Teaching Collaborative under the auspices of the University Retention Committee.
- Gather requirements analyze processes and communicate results faculty, staff and students as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and manage requirements and process flows for projects performed in conjunction with the Digital Imaging and Video Services division of Academic Technology Services.
- Reinvigorate approach of Academic Technology Services toward assisting adjunct faculty members with their unique needs as it relates to teaching and learning.
- Enable and support faculty in the effective utilization of information technology tools in teaching, learning and research.
- Investigate, pilot, and/or develops digital resources, modules, and instructional/training materials that focus upon digital media and web communications pedagogical and productivity support (areas of focus are video/audio capture technologies, web conferencing, collaborative environments, mobile technologies, e-books, and online learning).
- Organize and conduct initiatives involving digital media and web communications pedagogical and productivity support for faculty including investigation, experimentation, documentation creation, development of training, and direct user support.
Jun 2009 - May 2010
- Member of the Enterprise Learning Management System (LMS) implementation team in which I communicated ideas and solutions to team members, senior management and business stakeholders.
- Provided extensive database and back-end application support, resolved current issues and forecast future issues (whenever possible).
- Shared expertise, conducted training and information sessions, made recommendations regarding utilization, functionality and capabilities.I also assisted in the development and application of best practices as well as monitored User Acceptance Testing sessions.
- Conferred with management to identify areas requiring preventive, remedial or new training needs.
- Developed, revised and communicated procedures, plans and schedules supporting implementation of the application.
- Designed, modified and created tables, forms, queries to produce statistical reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Verified and ensured appropriate daily and weekly backups and disaster recovery measures were in place, tested and documented.
Jul 2006 - Jun 2009
Lead IT Consultant
- Project Manager for Marketing Central and Interactive Video Network (IVN).
- Developed and conducted comprehensive information technology training oriented toward academic programs offering courses for online learning.
- Guided collaborations that leveraged new and existing technologies to create engaging interactive learning experiences.
- Applied Instructional Design standards, conducted needs analysis, developed learning objectives, selected appropriate learning activities and sequenced content and activities resulting engaging, student-centered courses.
- Monitored performance and operation of all training endeavors and provided ongoing technical support for online courses within Program Development.
- Made recommendations for the purchase, configuration and implementation of software.
- Lead Trainer, Instructional Designer, Web Designer and provided technical support for Historical Black College (HBC) Initiative and Southern Farm Bureau Leadership Initiative using Blackboard as primary course management.
Sep 2005 - Jul 2006
Assistant Professor* & Instructional Designer
- Held joint appointment with College of Education and College of Continuing Studies (CCS) (*Non-tenure track).
- Responsible for teaching undergraduate educational technology courses.
- Experienced teaching in traditional and non-traditional (hybrid) formats.
- Served on departmental and dissertation committees.
- Passionate practitioner, well-versed, in visual learning, desktop publishing, web authoring, compressed video, telecommunications, interactive multimedia design and development, distance learning, interactive whiteboard implementation and computer applications.
- Skilled instructional designer responsible for developing innovative and engaging e-learning solutions for online courses.
- Managed project resources and implemented best practices to satisfy project goals and requirements for new courses and in the redesign of existing courses.
- Collaborated with faculty and teaching staff in the design and implementation and/or revision of courses for programs that supported academic programs offered through the College of Continuing Studies.
May 2004 - Sep 2005
Technology Instruction Specialist
- Lead Instructor for Instructional Media Center.
- Provided guidance to university personnel that support the integration of a wide variety of computer applications tools, desktop publishing programs, database applications, photo editing and manipulation, audio recording and editing as well as screen captures.
- Developed comprehensive print and web materials.
- Developed and conducted educational technology training workshops, by request.
- Held frequent consultations with faculty, staff and students on best practices for web-based design and effective ways to utilize emerging technologies.