Business Development Executive
Marketing and Communications Specialist
- Conducted a strategic audit on CTS Forex to pave the development of a preliminary business plan to attract angel investments.
- Implemented two opportunity assessment plans in tandem with a senior marketing research consultant that entailed a thorough research study (encompassing both primary and secondary research) to determine the likely interest of three market segments in CTS Forex’s software solution.
- Authored marketing collateral – manuals, press releases, presentations and other communication material.
- Co-authored several proposals for funding alongside the company owner and succeeded in having four approved from NSERC, Alberta Innovation and Mitacs.
- Contributed to the development of book written by CTS Forex’s owner, through conducting background research, developing the characters, and editing (http://www.amazon.com/The-Bull-Bear-Baboon-Lessons/dp/1484888987/#!).
- Revamped the website alongside a developer and another copywriter – both layout and content.
Mar 2014 - Sep 2014
- Conducted extensive secondary market research to collect data on: potential distributors for Snug Vest; federal and provincial funding provided to autistic children; therapists in North America with backgrounds and qualifications relevant to Snug Vest who can endorse our product and serve as influencers; warehousing and logistics costs in US; relevant events and conferences; publications and blogs relevant to Snug Vest.
- Planned a comprehensive sales and marketing execution plan encompassing various marketing tools in tandem with two team members.
- Executed the supply chain logistics from the point of taking customer orders to shipping out the vest in tandem with another team member.
- Extensive experience with Mail Chimp, Sales Force, Shopify, and Webinar Jam.
- Analyzed data of a BETA research study and generated a report that entailed case studies, areas for product improvement and product testimonials.
- Implemented a comprehensive data-mining project on Snug Vest customers to better dictate Snug Vest's marketing efforts.
May 2013 - Mar 2014
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Project #1: Planning Crowdfunding campaign
- Defined investor/target market proposition, rewards/incentives, and market segments for the campaign in addition to budget and logistics, as a member of a four-person team.
- Developed the social media and marketing communication plan for the campaign.
- Created a plan to identify campaign metrics and monitor them accordingly.
- Created the content calendar in tandem with a senior consultant, and authored the vast majority of blog articles posted during the campaign individually.
- Initiated different marketing strategies to publicize the campaign.
Project #2: Planning a Crowdfunding educational course
- Conducted extensive research on Crowdfunding that formed the basis of website content, blog articles and course curriculum.
- Co-authored content alongside a senior consultant for the website and blog articles (http://www.yourcapitaledge.com/blog/).
- Developed a marketing communications plan to promote the course.
- Conceptualized several applications to be sold as part of the course package.
- Sourced, supervised and directed all contractors for outsourced activities such as logo design, HTML designs, and application development with a 100% success rate in terms of budget and requirements conformance.
Project #3: Conducting primary research to assess market opportunity for a financial services product.
Project #4: Conducting secondary research to assess market opportunity for a medical product.
Nov 2007 - Jul 2011
Marketing and Communications Executive
- Formulated the annual marketing plan in collaboration with the top management and ensured it addresses ITQAN’s overall strategy, KPIs of the Accreditation, Quality and Communications department, and the objectives of all other divisions.
- Conducted internal audits on a periodic basis to measure and monitor compliance of operations with the ISO 9001:2008, ISO 20000 and ISO 27001 standards.
- Authored numerous press releases and technical case studies together with the department head for ITQAN’s success stories and announcements, and succeeded in having them published in key publications.
- Directed the design of all artworks and marketing collateral with internal designers and external vendors produced to brand ITQAN and promote its success stories by coming up with the big idea, creating the general concept, and devising all the copy.
- Organized the logistics and managed ITQAN’s participation in the biggest exhibitions in the Middle East, in addition to corporate events such as client workshops and partnership launches.
- Prepared several ITQAN submissions to awards and succeeded in finalizing winning applications for ITQAN at the 2009 Microsoft Awards, 2011 Microsoft Awards and the Feigenbaum Leadership for Excellence Award.
- Initiated, planned and implemented the “Customer Care Program” that entails visiting key clients to obtain their feedback on ITQAN’s quality of services and solutions, and worked with the technical, sales and human resources teams on taking corrective action and responding to clients’ needs accordingly.
- Maintained a database of all marketing activities (press releases, events, exhibitions, leads, etc.) and generated a monthly report to the top management.
- Established partnerships with key accounts in UAE by closing enterprise contracts through working temporarily in the sales team.
- Initiated a revamp of ITQAN’s communication tools, including the website, corporate profile, corporate video and all official communication.