While at Yahoo! I led the social media efforts and retention programs for both the Messenger and Profiles products. For both products, I was responsible for managing the communication between users and the product teams through various channels, including the product blog, user group, and targeted Advisory Panels. Prior to joining Yahoo!, I worked for Passenger where I ran the online Communities for Nike, Coke, ABC Daytime, JCPenney, and British Petroleum.I hold a Master's Degree in Communication Management from the University of Southern California, and wrote my thesis on User-Generated Content, Viral Media and it's Impact on Broadcast and Marketing Structures. I'm excited by social media and it's potential and love connecting users and companies in unique ways through technology. I'd like to continue guiding brand presence across the web using social media, ensuring that a company has a positive presence wherever customers are having conversations about that product.
- Assisted with Marketing campaigns, tracked campaign results, reviewed industry journals and documented reviews, organized and sent review copies, submitted for awards.- Facilitated reviewer-publisher relationships.- Educated in design concepts for packaging and advertising of reference books.- Compiled press release kits for newly released books.
Assistant Event Coordinator, Schwab Ceter
- Assisted in planning corporate parties for a variety of company executives. - Brainstormed ideas for events and translated these ideas into successful results.
Digital Entertainment, Rights & Technology Intern
- Compiled media lists, press kits, and speaking calendars for current clients including Fox Interactive Media, MySpace, IGN, and Revver.- Researched clients and created coverage reports distributed to both Edelman employees and client marketing.- Competed competitive analysis of competitors and relevant industry data.
May 2008 - Present
- Supported: Yahoo! Messenger, profiles on Yahoo!, Yahoo! Groups events, and various other Community Management events and teams.- Facilitated and maintained the relationship between the top 5% of Yahoo! Messenger users (“All-Stars”)through weekly communication and messaging resulting in an increase in membership by over 150%.- Managed and wrote the weekly/bi-weekly posts for the profiles news blog addressing user issues, product features, as well as user feedback. - Planned and implemented offline events for Yahoo! Groups Moderators in various locations across the US.- Coordinated and orchestrated monthly calls with product focus groups for the Messenger team; managed the logistics for the in-person visits for both the Mail and Messenger events. - Provided monthly insights reports to the Messenger team surrounding user perception and usage of products.- Managed the team annual budget
Jul 2007 - Apr 2008
- Clients included: Nike, JCPenney, ABC Daytime, BP (British Petroleum), Coke, among others.- Facilitated daily strategic conversations between consumers and brands through private online communities.- Composed and distributed branded email correspondence to community members via 3rd party email partners.- Created extensive reports based on community key learnings in PowerPoint.- Worked with the development team to implement new technologies within the Passenger platform.
Jul 2006 - Aug 2007
Master's of Arts
Thesis: User-Generated Content, Viral Media and its Impact on Broadcast and Marketing Structures
Emphasis: Marketing, Branding and Image Management
Jul 2002 - Jun 2006
Bachelor's of Arts
Minor: History; Emphasis: Public Policy