Home improvement projects, vehicle maintenance and upkeep, hunting, target shooting and archery.
Versatile Maintenance Professional with successful experience in industrial assembly and warehouse operations assigning proper resources and personnel to tasks, tracking costs to correct accounts, targeting priorities for repair and PM, and managing assets for peak performance. Utilized CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) to track and budget expenditures (dollars and man hours) to specific issues in order to analyze overall effectiveness of maintenance program and identify areas needing further attention. Emergency Response Coordination for facility related issues ranging from power outage, structural damage, loss of utilities and in-house system failures.MBA with career success in GM and US Navy. Hands-on leader, who effectively manages, motivates and coaches a broad range of skilled trades people. Strong focus on program development, implementation and tracking of planned maintenance processes. Thrives in fast-paced, computer-intensive environments. Identifies problems and develops solutions through participative management style.
·Plant leadership in implementing the planned maintenance program (Maximo CMMS) for a 2.2 million square foot warehousing plant resulting in an identifiable process for financial, safety and operational documentation and reporting.
·Identified need for, and resolution of, spare parts listing for a 15 mile Rapistan conveyor system, providing skilled tradesmen with a streamlined procurement process that eliminated confusion and unnecessary delays improving service response time approximately 30%.
·Coordinated and successfully passed a state EPA impromptu hazardous material inspection of the plant.
·Lead management representative for facilities department on second shift for over three years meeting with clients, responding to their sensitive needs and keeping processes flowing properly.
·Managed daily assignments of personnel in a 4.4 million square foot assembly plant and previously in a 2.2 million square foot warehouse resulting in minimal plant downtime.
Feb 2006 - Apr 2009
Skilled Trades Supervisor
* Daily assignment and management of skilled trades in a 4.4 million square foot assembly plant maintaining 125 Air Supply Houses, 56 receiving docks, 300 battery charging stations, UPS systems for computer room, emergency generators, energy management sytems, building repairs and related projects.
* Assigned preventive maintenance tasks, tracked costs and provided estimates for project management.
* Maintained compliance with all training and safety schedules.
Aug 1998 - Feb 2006
Facilities Maintenance Representative / Capacity Assurance Coordinator
* Assistant Department Manager with primary responsibilities in two different plants (Martinsburg, WV)and support for three others (Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Charlotte, NC; Willow Run, MI).
* Emergency Response Coordination for Facilities Related issues.
* Established and maintained the Maximo CMMS for a 2.2 million square foot warehouse tracking over 5,000 pieces of equipment and 1,200 work orders per month.
* Coordinated maintenance plans and information with operations departments and reported the program effectiveness to ensure overall optimization of building and processing equipment.
* Instrumental in improving the planned maintenance program completion rate from 35% to 92% in one year.
* Maintained quality, financial, safety, CAFM, and fixed asset documentation.
* Project management of new equipment through needs identification while focusing on safety,
ergonomics, reliability and schedule compliance.
* Successfully passed eight internal safety and three ISO 9001 audits.
Jan 1994 - Aug 1998
* Managed daily operations for picking, packing and shipping functions with teams of up to twenty-one people with daily service to over 600 customers.
Oct 1989 - Jan 1994
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
* Made daily assignments for skilled trades in a 2.2 million square foot warehouse maintaining thirty-two heater houses, 15 miles of conveyor systems, 325 pieces of mobile equipment and charging systems, power distribution systems, fire fighting systems and maintenance of packaging equipment for distribution and sale of automobile parts.
Sep 1985 - Oct 1989
United States Navy
* Scheduled Repair Activity Coordinator for five different ship repair periods, three of which were in foreign ports.Division Officer, In Port Duty Section Leader, Command Duty Officer, Surface Warfare Officer, Repair Locker Leader (for fire fighting, damage control, flooding and NBC defense).
* Assumed the additional duties of the 3M Coordinator, (in conjunction with normal duties), during his absence from the ship’s six week refresher training in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.Kept the ship’s repair requirements up to date and on track with Squadron command in preparation for the ship’s return to port.
Jan 1982 - 1984
Belco Construction Company, Inc.
Job site surveyor establishing reference lines and grade elevations for a $53 million, poured-in-place concrete hospital addition in Tyler, TX.
Assisted Estimators in home office with material take-offs, sub-contractor location and bid preparations.
1980 - 1981
Southern Pine Investments
Residential Handy-Man services. Worked as sub-contractor during college breaks, repairing roofs, sheet rock and painting.
1980 - 1980
Brown & Root
General laborer at petro-chemical plants. Cleaning / clearing debris, hauling materials, and assisting skilled trades with repair of machinery.