May 2006 - Apr 2012
Senior Software Engineer
- Design, maintain, deploy and support flagship product.
- Lead designer/developer of numerous custom applications.
- Tasked with customer relations (requirements, training, support, etc.) on a variety of projects.
- Administrator for source control branching/merging and well as automated build process.
- Led development on the consolidation of a suite of mobile apps into a single, modular app.
- Lobbied for and implemented a more robust build/release process.
- Architected, built and evangelized field survey system.
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Engineering Co-op / Student Asst.
- Wrote, maintained and commented software used by the Air Force for mission development.
- Tested and debugged software within a classified setting.
- Wrote and maintained project management documentation.
Aug 2004 - Dec 2004
- Assisted students with lab assignments which emphasized digital simulation, logic analysis, using oscilloscopes and writing lab reports.
Aug 2001 - May 2006
Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
- GPA: 3.43, High Honors
- Recipient of Sidney-Goldin Scholarship for Outstanding Scholars in Engineering and Science, Marshall H. and Nellie Alworth Memorial Scholarship, Blandin Foundation Scholarship, Newton/Wilma Thomas Co-op Scholarship and Warren L Batts Co-op Scholarship
- Competent Communicator award, Toastmasters International, Feb. 2009
- Thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2012
- Languages: C#, VB.NET, XAML, T-SQL, XML, KML, MSBuild, Java, Ruby
- Frameworks: Powershell, Log4Net, nunit, LLBL, CSLA, MS Entity Framework, MapInfo, GeoFrameworks, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, ADO.NET, PhoneGap, jQuery, iUI
- Platforms: ASP.NET (including MVC and AJAX), WinForms, WPF, Silverlight, .NET CF, Android
- Databases: MS SQL, MySQL, MS Access
- Third-party UI components: DevExpress, Infragistics, Janus, open-source
- Vendor SDKs: Intermec, Zebra, Symbol (RFID, barcode, etc.)
- Source control: MS Team Foundation, SVN
- Concepts: dependency-injection, remoting, WCF, web services, CAB pattern, branching/merging (source control)
- Software developer with more than nine years of professional experience on a number of different platforms.
- Skilled communicator, with a natural ability to moderate.
- Passionate about building reliable, useful software.
- A quick-learner who is always looking for new challenges.
Nov 2007 - Present
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist - Windows Forms
Jan 2008 - Present
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer