Seeking a Senior Level position (CEO / COO / CIO / VP) with a Technical Services firm in the Houston MSA area.
IT / Telecommunications
- Guest Speaker, CNN Radio (650AM), The Price of Business, (technology trends in data and voice
- Member, Business Leadership Council for the Greater Houston Partnership
- Member, ITT University Advisory Board
Aug 2006 - Present
VP of Operations & Business Strategy
Automated Voice & Data Solutions
$8 million P&L accountability
Joining floundering operation without sound strategies and procedures, stepped in to stabilize performance and drive revenue growth. Grew operations team from group of 3 disengaged engineers supporting $1.5 million in revenue to nationally recognized 14-member team delivering $6.5 million in services.
Brought VAR from mediocrity to excellence...
...driving revenue growth that far outpaced competitors
in tough market.
Driving Long-Term Revenue Growth with On-Target Strategic Plans
- Recognizing inherent risk in business model where 96% of revenue is derived from the relationship with one OEM, implemented diversification strategy that not only reduced reliance on supplier, but opened opportunities to penetrate new markets with enhanced product mix.
- Masterminded acquisition of competitor in 2008, adding client base that doubled revenue in 2008 (45 new clients added nationwide). Ensured recurring revenue, implementing plan that achieved high rate of customer retention despite initial misgivings.
- Capitalizing on recession realities, launched robust systems targeted to collection agencies and consumer debt companies, exploding sales during tough economic times while other suppliers floundered. At the same time, opened doors to nearly $400,000 per year in maintenance contracts.
- BOTTOM LINE: Built company into growth leader honored on 2010 Fast 100 list (Houston Business Journal) and Inc. 5000 list (3 straight years). Drove total revenue growth from $2.6 million in 2006 to $10+ million in 2012. Increased recurring yearly maintenance revenue nearly 10-fold in same period.
Transforming Technical Organizations - Leading Teams to Performance Excellence
- Recognizing human capital as the #1 asset in any company, implemented policies and practices promoting workforce diversity and talent development. Empowered teams by engaging them in building new business processes, reversing short-term employment trend to raise staff retention to 98%.
- Grew and strengthened team with infusion of top, best-fit talent, building highly effective, but lean operation that currently services 110 clients ($6.5 million in revenue) with just 14 staff members.
- Developed and implemented service level agreements - where none existed before - setting the standard for responsiveness and service to distinguish operation and attract/retain clients. Led team in achieving performance excellence, winning Highest Technical and Customer Services Standard award in 2012.
- BOTTOM LINE: Brought company from mediocrity to national recognition, leading it to best 118 other VARs to win Interactive Intelligence's 2011 Support Partner of the Year award. With new Elite Partner status, gained better margins and additional leads to drive even higher revenue growth.
Jul 2002 - Aug 2006
Director of IT / Ops / GM
Provider of enterprise-level learning and development solutions with 15 employees and $3.5 million in sales.
Director of Operations/General Manager (2005 to 2006)
Operations Manager (2004 to 2005)
Information Technology Manager (2002 to 2004)
Joining company lagging market in growth, took on increasingly challenging roles, developing and implementing plans to increase revenue, decrease costs, and enhance competitiveness. Ultimately oversaw all staff across 2 offices, streamlining business processes to maximize operational control and efficiency.
Streamlined and enhanced delivery models
for cutting-edge technologies...
...improving sales and profitability.
- Identifying competitive advantage with iTILT (Internet Targeted Instructor-Led Training) product, added ~$500,000 in sales that increased gross revenue 14% over previous year while increasing net profits by nearly 20% with new processes that reduced cost and improved efficiency.
- Led technical integration of Learning Management System, proprietary online training programs, for the global eLearning needs of clients including Dell, Coca-Cola, AIG, and Unilever. Captured substantial revenue from both sales and maintenance contracts
- Championed, justified, and directed move from high-end property to nice, but more affordable facility, achieving annual savings of $330,000 in rent and associated fixed costs to improve profitability.
Dec 1998 - Jul 2002
Network Systems Specialist
Educations First Federal Credit Union
Mar 1995 - Dec 1998
Founder / CEO / COO
Feb 1991 - Mar 1994
United States Air Force
In support of the first Gulf War.