My primary goal is to continually progress upward in my career in web development, not only in position, but also knowledge and skill. My ideal work environment is fast-paced but not chaotically hectic, challenging, and provides many opportunities to acquire new skills as well as cultivate existing skills.
UNIX / Linux Server Administration
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Python / Django
Ruby / Ruby on Rails
HTML / XHTML
- 2009 - 2nd Place AIR Interactive (SxSW)
- 2009 - 1st Place AIR Houston (Formula One)
- 2008 - 1st Place AIR Houston (Stock Car)
AIR (Accessibility Internet Rally) is a web design competition focused on creating highly attractive, usable, and 100% accessible websites for non-profit organizations.
I love the freedom and power of self-expression that the internet provides, and am particularly passionate about both accessibility and usability. I thrive on challenge. I reject the status quo, always looking for ways to improve upon existing processes and methodologies. I am a quick study and am self-taught in all the web-related technologies I know.
Apr 2010 - Oct 2010
Univision Interactive Media
6-month contract to aid in the deployment of ~60 new websites for local markets. Responsible for development of multi-site blogging platform based on WordPress.
Mar 2006 - Oct 2009
- Highly customized in-house client CMS solution (PHP-based)
- Manage off-site servers, including setup, troubleshooting, and general admininistration
- Supervise team of production specialists, including assisting in day to day tasks, problem-resolution, interdepartmental mediation, training, and work assignment
- Conduct R&D to continually hone internal processes and improve overall client satisfaction
Sep 2003 - May 2005
Bachelor of Science
College of Biblical Studies - Houston
Graduated Magna Cum Laude, 3.75 GPA