Seeking a position as a laboratory technician where I can use my past experiences as well as my academic qualification for the benefit of the organization.
Recipient, University of Alberta Master's Scholarship (Aug. 2008 - Aug. 2009)
First year best poster presentation, ImmuNet, University of Alberta (2009)
- Poster title: "Regulation of the Bacterial Type VI Secretion System".
President's roll, Oklahoma State University (2002-2006)
- Granted to those who maintained GPA of 4.0
Dean's roll, Oklahoma State University (2002, 2005)
- Granted to those who maintained GPA greater than 3.5
Teaching Assistant, Bacterial Pathogenesis, University of Alberta (Winter 2010)
- Answered questions from students at the end of every lecture, helped the professor design exam questions, graded exams, and gave a lecture to the class.
Summer Student Supervisor, University of Alberta (May - Dec. 2010)
- Mentored a student to learn various techniques in molecular microbiology and conduct research.
Supervisor, WISEST (Women in Scholarship, Engineering, Science and Technology) Student, University of Alberta (May - Aug. 2009)
- Taught a high school student basic theories and techniques of molecular microbiology.
Japanese Language Tutor, Oklahoma State University (2003-2005)
- Volunteered as a teacher for advanced and introductory Japanese speaking, reading and writing.
Laboratory techniques of molecular microbiology: protocol design, media preparation, maintaining cell lines (mice macrophage, Dictyostelium discoideum (amoebae), HeLa cell, Drosophila S2 cell), excellent aseptic technique, handling of bacterial pathogen (BSL2), cloning, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), quantitative-PCR (qPCR), western blotting, fluorescent microscopy, bacterial swarming assay, electrophoretic mobility shift assay (EMSA), basic protein purification using AKTA system, etc.
Sep 2008 - Dec 2010
Master of Science
- Studied the regulation of the Vibrio cholerae type VI secretion system in both endemic and pandemic strains.
- Conducted research to elucidate the role of a putative sigma-54 activator in the regulation of the Type VI Secretion System in Vibrio cholerae.
- Evaluated Drosophila S2 cell as a new model system to study Type VI Secretion System.
Aug 2002 - May 2006
Bachelor of Science
Worked as an undergraduate research assistant in a Microbiology (2003 - 2004)
- Evaluated assimilation rate of vinyl chloride and ethane as a sole carbon source by Mycobacterium species using gas chromatography.
- Assisted graduate students by maintaining and preparing bacterial cultures.
Sep 2011 - Dec 2011
- Studied a newly discovered flhY gene that plays a role in the regulation of flagellar placement in Vibrio alginolyticus.
- Wrote a manuscript which summarizes: (1) the recent findings in the area of research achieved by members of the laboratory, and (2) the results obtained during this period.
Jun 2006 - Jul 2007
- Analyzed market data to provide critical summaries and generate predictions
- Learned the basic concepts of small animal clinical nutrition and gave seminars on the subject to pet shop owners.
- Attempted to improve customers' businesses as well as the company's by pointing out current problems and suggesting solutions.