Michael L. Karpoff
To Whom It May Concern:
As a successful Sales Executive/Manager in business development and consulting with extensive knowledge of the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and vast strategic contacts, I offer proficiency in multi-million dollar, complex project management contracts.For example, on Capitol Hill, I managed Program Development for the U.S. Senate, House of Representatives and Library of Congress while also managing both media and public relations for a Fortune 500 company.
My background includes having worked for key providers of services and goods to both the Federal and commercial markets.Most recently, I served as a Director, Channel Sales – Federal Integrators for LGS Innovations (Alcatel-Lucent Company) in Vienna, Virginia. Briefly, some of my accomplishments include:
·Established new business in the Federal and commercial sectors (both national and international) by identifying “mission critical” opportunities and developing partnerships in a tremendously competitive environment. (aggressive cold calling)
·Demonstrated sales skills by managing key and strategic corporate initiatives specific to tailored, creative and focused marketing objectives.
·Creative and goal-oriented individual who has a solid track record of sales achievements and performance management with proven and demonstrated leadership skills toward the end result – corporate goals.
The above-mentioned accomplishments and skills just highlight my background.My business acumen, sales expertise, and leadership capabilities have contributed to my personal and professional success. The below-referenced resume outlines my credentials and knowledge in greater detail.
Michael L. Karpoff
10007 Clue Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817
Work: 202.302.0350 firstname.lastname@example.org
Extensive, successful experience in Federal/commercial sales and sales management (projects/programs) with leading systems providers. Regarded as highly autonomous and proficient in exceeding objectives. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills (past secret DoD clearance).
- � Track record for delivering blockbuster contracts in highly competitive environments. Consistently exceed annual quota by 100%, President's Club at Alcatel, ranked top 5 sales associate out of 250+ in 2005. Delivered $11M in revenue in a single month for FEDERAL program.
- � Knowledgeable in leading areas of information technology including TCP/IP, IP Routing, Fiber Optics, Call Center, network convergence, voice/video conferencing, security technologies - VPN and encryption, software development, multi-platform Hosting, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), optical networks and VoIP .
- � Highly skilled in management of sales, technical and marketing resources as well as strategic ownership to achieve objectives - creative solution selling, customer relationships.
- � Proven ability to develop new business from ground up and to manage strategic, enterprise account installations. Experience working with Federal Sector - NASA, DoD, Federal Integrators and Service Providers.
- � E.K.S
- � WITS
- � OCTEL
- � MS OFFICE TOOLS
- � LANS/WANS
- � NORTEL SL-1, SL-100
- � NTI MERIDIAN
- � POLYCOM
- � WATS
- � LOTUS 1-2-3
- � CENTREX
- � SPECTEL
- � PRISM
- � SYMPHONY
- � CISCO
- � LATITUDE
- � ROLM
- � DDN
- � COMPUNETIX
- � CTI/IVR/CALL CENTER
- � TAXAN 760
- � ALCATEL
- � CONVEYANT
- � UGMT / ISDN
- � KAYPRO 286
- � INAVISION
- � LUCENT/AVAYA
- � EXECUTONE
- � POETS
- � IBM SYSTEMS (PC)
- � NORTEL DMS-100
- � TANDBERG
SALES AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
PROFESSIONAL COMPUTING RESOURCES, INC., Virtual Office2009 – Present
Director, Federal Sales
Currently responsible for leveraging a Network Management software technology-based solution as a SDB to create business sales with focus on new revenue and growth. Developed programs that meet and improve the partner value proposition with strategic and tactical sales objectives using a consultative sales approach to include software product marketing and awareness initiatives within federal and System Integrator (CSC, BAE Systems, SAIC, CACI, Verizon, Qwest) communities. Successfully responsible for identifying, researching, managing and capturing strategic federal contract opportunities and procurement vehicles. On target for meeting corporate revenue objectives for 2010 and beyond.
LGS INNOVATIONS, Northern Virginia 2004 - 2008
Subsidiary of Alcatel-Lucent
Director, Channel Sales - Federal Integrators
Directed/managed strategic alliances and business opportunities with systems integrators and resellers that included General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, as well as other Small Business entities. Coordinated and managed the relationships with senior level, Alcatel-Lucent targeted federal and commercial systems integrators to build long-term and strategic/tactical relationships. Ownership of identifying and coordinating focused sales opportunities with LGS and SI sales teams developing awareness, marketing programs mindshare and solution selling opportunities within the federal market specific to a robust Alcatel-Lucent portfolio.
- � On target to over-achieve $20 million objective in 2008.
- � Exceeded annual quota by 250% in first year. Top 5 of 250 sales associates within Alcatel. Awarded Presidents Club and other High Achievement awards.
- � Exceeded annual quota by 150% in 2006 and 2007.
VISUAL SYSTEMS GROUP, INC., Northern Virginia 2004
Federal Account Manager
Managed and implemented audio/video conferencing and collaboration applications/solutions to both civilian and DoD federal agencies with a heavy emphasis on complex, turnkey technologies (both software and hardware), which addressed critical federal agency initiatives specific to distance learning, training, and reduction of travel budgets. Solutions included implementation of encrypted and standard compliant architectures (H.32x, H.26x), and CPE (end points, terminals, MCU's,
gateways, gatekeepers). Addressed issues such as ISDN and IP network QoS, integrated systems and rooms, multimedia applications (Telesurgery), and streaming technologies.
- � Key targeted accounts were DHS, VA, DoE, GSA, NASA, Navy, DISA, Intelligence Community (NSA, NGA), and developed strategic SI alliances.
SOURCE, INC., Virtual Office 2001 - 2003
Account Manager - Government and Commercial Sales
Ownership for developing and growing Source's federal, state, local government and commercial business in the Washington DC metropolitan area and across the country. In addition to new business development, marketing and procurement initiatives (GSA Schedule, GWAC's, BPA's, etc.), sold telecommunications solutions which included large and small communications systems (Avaya, Nortel), IP Telephony and wireless, messaging systems, LAN/WAN applications, asset management services, VPN technology, and voice/video conferencing. Directed development of strategic alliances with key Systems Integrators both large and small to sell complex and creative solutions to government entities.
- � Achieved over $2 million/year in closure.
- � Represented 100+ manufacturers as an Avaya Business Partner with Source.
- � Customers included NASA, US Army, Smithsonian, Department of Commerce, NIMA, DHS and several strategic Systems Integrators.
BELL ATLANTIC FEDERAL SYSTEMS, Washington, D.C. 1993 - 2001
Corporate Account Manager, Civilian Sales Account Team 2000 - 2001
Corporate Account Manager representing Bell Atlantic Federal Systems on Capitol Hill (U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, Library of Congress, Architect of the Capitol, Capitol Hill Police). Accountable for all activity involving Bell Atlantic on Capitol Hill. Extremely challenging political environment requiring direct interface on numerous issues such as security, competition, telecommunications trends, new services (XDSL), contingency planning, future account development, and new business plans of opportunity in a regulated and deregulated sales atmosphere. Awarded "Integrator of the Year" by US Senate in 2000.
- � Surpassed 120% of $6.3 million revenue objective.
- � Negotiated multi-vendor solutions to deliver state-of-the-art products (Nortel Networks - DMS).
- � Involved on telecommunications issues which had a direct impact on various legislative branches and committees (Education Technology).
Systems Engineer, Civilian Sales Account Team, 1998 - 1999
Provided technical sales logistics to NASA, The World Bank, IMF, OAS, and NAS in sales of leading edge technologies that include Fast Packet Services (Frame Relay, SONET, SMDS, and ATM), ISDN, Video and basic telephony.
- � Held prior Federal Government Security Clearance.
- � Awarded "Excellence in Service" by NASA in 1993.
Systems Engineer/Sales Manager, TEMPO 1993 - 1997
Supervised thirty (30) employees in the TEMPO (Telecommunications Modernization Project for the D.O.D. in the National Capitol Region) Business Office. Project managed BAOSC Service Order implementation. Provided sales support and expertise to all TEMPO Account teams. Provided Account Executive Technical support in the design and implementation of ISDN and related telecommunications services (voice and data) specific to DoD.
- � Developed team sales strategies to maximize flow of generated revenue.
- � Awarded "Excellence in Service" by US Army in 1994.
BA, Latin American Area Studies, Spanish, Denison University, Granville, OH
Analog and Digital Design Theory, Sponsored by CRC Systems/Sprint in Northern Virginia, 1998
DDN Communications Network Analysis and Design, Sponsored by CRC Systems/Sprint in Northern Virginia, 1990
Cabling Principles and Design, Sponsored by NMI/CRC Systems in Northern Virginia, 1989
SL-1 Familiarization Course #500, Sponsored by Northern Telecom in Texas, 1985