Thrive towards enhancing the professional knowledge in the field of medical engineering by meeting new challenges and seeing them through to completion thereby providing an efficient and reliable high quality service.
University Of Mumbai
Sep 2005 - Sep 2007
University Of Aberdeen
- Radiation Physics
- Radio Diagnosis
- Radiation Protection
- Computing & Software Development
- Digital Electronics
- Application of Physics to Medicine
- Ultrasound in medicine
- Medical Electronics
- Rehabilitation Engineering
- Anatomy and Physiology.
- Nuclear Medicine
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI)
- Image Processing
Oct 2008 - Present
- To perform the manufacturing of radioisotopes according to Marketing Authorisations
- and/or specials license.
- To work to a shift pattern for manufacturing according to customer demands and
- business needs.
- To perform cyclotron maintenance and daily checks.
- To be responsible for performing the plant room maintenance and daily checks.
- Reviewing of PETNET standard operating procedures and updating the new
- procedures as required.
- To be responsible for performing labelling, packaging and shipping routinely for daily
- dispensed doses.
- To ensure ongoing professional development to achieve full awarenessand technical
- knowledge of all current legislation and scientific development associated with PET
- radioisotopes and their production.
- To work along with PETNET cyclotron engineers and operators to ensure alignment of
- operational processes and back up capabilities across all PETNET sites.
May 2008 - Oct 2008
Nuclear Medicine Technician
Lister Inhealth Group Ltd.
- To perform daily quality checks of the PET/CT scanner and all ancillary equipments to ensure they are functioning correctly and in good working condition.
- Working with the team of technical and radiographic staff, and liaising with administrative staff, to ensure an efficient and effective service.
- To assay all radio-activity received by the centre and verify the activity, volume and sterility prior to the injection.
- To be responsible for explaining the scanning procedures and advising the post scan care to be taken by the patients.
- To take a concise pre-scan clinical history of the patients.
- To be responsible to insert cannulae and butterfly needles, assay and prepare the activity for the injection and administer the radio-isotope intravenously.
- To maintain professional standards by undertaking any necessary education or training courses to remain up to date with current accepted methods and procedures.
- To be responsible for carrying out procedures in event of an incident involvingradioactivity.
- To provide training to the other members of staff as necessary.
- To be responsible for ensuring that appropriate records on receipt, storage and disposal of radioactive materials are maintained.
- To familiarise and adhere to all aspects of the departmental standard operating procedures.
Mar 2008 - May 2008
Equipment Library Technician
Kings College Hospital NHS Trust
- To be responsible in collecting the equipments which are marked as belonging to the
- equipment library from any area of the hospital.
- To clean the equipments to agreed levels in order to overcome the decontamination issues.
- To store the equipments correctly, taking into account the needs of the equipment and the users.
- To be responsible in carrying out basic safety and functional checks of the equipments.
- To keep careful records of all the faulty equipments and referring them to the respective triage engineers.
- To ensure customers receive a high quality, prompt and efficient service and are kept up to date on the progress of their outstanding work.
- Ensure all activities are carried out within a quality framework and meet regulatory requirements.
Flexible to adapt into new environment. Abide by rules and regulations of the organization. Working in collaboration with team to provide best service. Keen and happy to provide ongoing support to the junior staff whenever needed. Peak performer under pressure and excellent conduct. Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Good active listener. Good motivator to initiate discussion and suggest changes to improve service delivery to provide effective quality of care.
Skilled user of Windows 9X/2000/XP/Vista. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point. Good knowledge of programming language C, MATLAB.
Ability to analyze and translate technical information to end-users. Tenacious in identifying and resolving problems.