Information Technology Project Manager 2006 to 2008
Lead project teams from conception to completion, assigning tasks to appropriate individuals and coordinating time and resources.
- Served as the main contact for the client and the clients’ advocate to the entire department.
- Managed the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of systems delivery within the established timeframes and budgets.
- Provided project management duties for assigned projects to include preparing project plan, establishing and coordinating project team, managing the project planning and implementation process, communicating with project teams, steering committees and management.
- Managed the delivery of systems maintenance, enhancement and production support to ensure that service level expectations for functionality, availability, performance, security and control are fulfilled.
- Negotiated objectives or changes to scope, cost, schedule, resources and assignment or other components, as needed.
- Assisted in development/review of training materials.
- Maintained day to day support of CRM/ERP/Financial System including planning and implementation and upgrades and future planning of the system hardware. (Technologies: Windows Server 2003, IIS, Active Directory, SQL Server 2000 and Actuate reporting Server)
Senior Information Technology Specialist 2002 to 2006
Provided implementation of high availability solutions, support all financial systems, and assisted Chief Information Officer
- VA CAFM project including several site visits, interviewed VA staff, conceptualized ideas and authored various aspects of the final project report.
- CRM/ERP/Financial System project including planning/implementation and ongoing responsibilities for support, upgrades/maintenance and future planning of the system. (Technologies: Windows Server 2003, IIS, SQL Server 2000 and Actuate reporting Server)
- Planning and implementation of a Data Center installation, with continued coordination of Data Center personnel and inter-company staff to maintain and grow disaster recovery positioning. (Technologies: Network switches, routers, Windows Servers)
- Worked with vendors for purchasing Microsoft Licenses/Software Assurance, Hardware acquisitions, and Training\Consulting agreements.
- Provided support and training for the Corporate Financial department (desktop systems and conceptual process improvements). (Technologies: Windows XP, MS Office 2003/2007, ADP Server and Sage FAS)
- Coordination of the installation of localized telephone system.
Information Technologies Specialist/Assistant Systems Administrator 1997 to 2002
Developed and maintained several web applications, servers, and workstations. Worked with end users to ensure the effectiveness of systems.
- Proficient use of computer software applications utilizing Microsoft FrontPage, Visual InterDev, Visual Basic and MSOffice.
- Administration of Intranet and Internet web sites running on Microsoft Internet Information Server.
- System and user administration of Novell NetWare, Microsoft Mail, and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Purchasing, planning and distributing of new computer hardware/software.
- Installed and Configured Red Hat Linux Servers, Microsoft Windows Servers, and Internet Information Servers.
- Organized a process for a timely deployment of new machines.
- Trained Assistant Support Technician.
- Developed web page and on-line registration for Company Corporate Cup Team.
- Provided set up and support for video conference system (including seminars).
- Installation, support and training (Windows, MSOffice, CorelDraw).
- Network Upgrades (Hub, Switches, Cabling).
Structural / Architectural Technician 1988 to 1997
Coordinated Structural Systems with Mechanical Engineers and Architects.
- Composed AutoCAD Menus and Lisp Routines
- Created CAD Standards
- Published a monthly "CAD" Newsletter
- Organized Company Corporate Cup Team