A motivated and committed Business Management graduate with a proven ability to effectively evaluate, organize and prioritize work within a overall project schedule. Able to communicate effectively with work colleagues at all levels, including key stakeholders and senior managers, with the ultimate aim of delivering quality and value for money.
I'm currently looking for a suitable graduate managerial or consultant position with a reputable and forward thinking organisation.
Jan 2012 - Aug 2014
Bachelor of Business Admin.
Jan 2010 - Dec 2011
Irvine Valley College
Sep 1997 - Jun 2009
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT & SOCIAL SCIENCES
Dar Al-fikr Schools
- Project management
- Strategy development
- Budget control
- Risk assessments
- Business development
- Customer service
Feb 2014 - May 2014
Trainee General Manager
Training as an employed manager for Asha Moroccan Mediterranean Kitchen. During said training, I performed tasks that include scheduling staff, ordering produce and goods, table touching, attending and organizing staff meeting either prior or post shifts, as well as full operations required of a general manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Ability to inspire confidence and engage staff right across an organization.
- Articulate, enthusiastic and self motivated.
- Highly organized with good planning skills & ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to non-technical business people.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Target driven with unlimited amounts of energy and enthusiasm.
- A clear understanding of management principles.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of giving professional advice and guidance.
- Public relations experience, able to promote a companies achievements and services, and to further develop a brand.
- Familiar with customer relationship management systems.
- Creating a client database.
- Able to monitor the progress of the company’s business plan.
- Experience in the analysis of marketing databases.
- Marketing Intelligence & Competitive Analysis.